hf1

Wee Notions side snap nappies

My avatar
jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Wee Notions side snap nappies

Postby jscobie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:49 am

Just wanted to find out if anyone else has this problem with side snapping Wee Notions nappies. Because the snaps go through the inner layer, i find they irritate Josh's hips (they don't have any padding!). the pockets are fine because they don't need to too tight but the Night Notions has to be fairly tight around the waist to stop it sagging and i find they give him nasty marks sometimes (look sore!). anyone else have this problem??

i've asked Suzanne if it is possible to have them made up with the snaps just through the outer layer, though i don't know if that would mean a lot of extra work or not.

any ideas of how to protect bony hips??

jackie x

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Wee Notions side snap nappies

Postby WeeNotions » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:07 am

I have had a couple of people ask me to put the poppers just through the outer layer, it is a bit more awkward but definitely doable :D

The pockets are even more awkward to do this for, but again I can do it, maybe not on the thinner fabrics like velvet definitely not Lycra. hummmm something to think about.

Do you think I should do like them all like that, what does everyone think?????

TIA

S
: )

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:10 am

I've not had a problem with my skinny, maybe it depends on exactly where the poppers lie on each child?

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:50 am

Perhaps I can just add it as an option then, or leave it and do it when anyone asks? I am conscious of the fact that there are A LOT of options for people to choose from and sometimes it is quiet daunting.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:15 am

Would it not be easier to put a small fabric flap over the the poppers on the inside, at least that way, the poppers could still go thru both layers of fabric (and thus reduce the risk of ripping thru the material). If the fabric flap was fleece then it could probably get sewn on by hand in a matter on minutes.

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:44 am

That is an idea, ta very much, I will have a think about it :wink:

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:30 pm

We had this problem too, Suzanne has very kindly made our others with the poppers under the fleece :D :D and we love them :D :D :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:12 pm

Rae wrote:Would it not be easier to put a small fabric flap over the the poppers on the inside, at least that way, the poppers could still go thru both layers of fabric (and thus reduce the risk of ripping thru the material). If the fabric flap was fleece then it could probably get sewn on by hand in a matter on minutes.

I was going to suggest the same thing.

For me we don't have a problem with it - she does sometimes get impression marks from the poppers but nothing sore - but if they weren't all the way through it wouldn't be as secure fitting I think...

My avatar
jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jscobie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:14 pm

i was thinking about sewing some fleece or something over the ones i already have to avoid the rubbing. i am sure it has something to do with where they sit too. on faith i don't have this problem as the nappy sits more on her waist but on josh it sits more on his hips.

thanks suzanne, you are a star!!

jackie x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat