hf1

How many nappies/wraps?

My avatar
sttb1997
Clothie
Clothie

How many nappies/wraps?

Postby sttb1997 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm trying to get my stash ready for my new baby and as I used BG's last time with ds2 I dont' know how many nappies/wraps I need for a newborn. I have so far got about 9 fitteds, and 2 wraps plus wool. The trouble is the wraps I have got (WN's!) only go up to about 10lb so I don't want to overdo it, but I want to have enough. I am planning on knitting up some soakers and longies/shorties, but I want to make sure I have enough.

How many is enough and how many is too many?!

I'm also having some BG Organic's and ds2's old BG's and BB's on standby just in case so I definitely won't run out, but I want to use mostly fitteds if poss.

:pregnant:

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How many nappies/wraps?

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:25 pm

With pul wraps you can normally use 2 a day and alternate them unless they poop in them lol , so use one , air one , use one air one - doesnt that make sense?? I would say you'd want around 6 though just to be sure , you can pick up plain white motherease ones on classifieds quite easily i think.

We didnt use cloth until 5 months and i dont think they wet as much as a newborn by this age , but even them i was recommended to have 20 nappies. I think i had 14 to start with but they were all fuzzi's so dried overnight whereas fitteds wont.

If it were me i think i would get a couple more cheapy wraps and about another dozen fitteds , again nothing fancy just tots , little lambs etc..

not sure if that helped at all hun :-? :oops:

My avatar
sttb1997
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sttb1997 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks hun That's pretty much what I was thinking but needed somone else tosay so to convince dh! :wink: He thinks I've spent too much already!

xx

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Theres some good priced fitteds on the classifieds at the moment hun , snap em up while you can! :wink:

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm

These wraps are bargains!!! :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=45284

I loved onelife wraps on ds!

My avatar
sttb1997
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sttb1997 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:55 pm

ooh, thank you. Will have a look. xx

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Yep I had about 20 fitteds and 5 or 6 wraps for both of mine at first ... now, of course, it is a rather different story :oops: :hohoho:

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:59 pm

If you are trying to build a nb stash on a budget, I have some nb wraps you can have ffp - just pm me with your addy!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:36 pm

I got 20 xs and 30 smalls :oops: and had 6 wraps of each newborn/xs and small...we also quickly moved into wool :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat