hf1

Miffed about council incentive

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Miffed about council incentive

Postby Scotia » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:34 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:ur lucky, we just get a bucket of old nappies to try, and u gotta pay a deposit for them :shock:

WSS, or you can buy a bag for £12 with a couple of fitteds and a wrap. I think there is a £30 voucher for low income families though - but you'd need to be eating nothing but beans on toast every night to qualify for it!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Maybe im being silly :oops: i thought its fair every child who is going to be in cloth should get the voucher :-? After all £45 voucher is going to cost the council alot less than having to dispose of sposies should i have opted for them etc and all the space they will take up in landfill that they are going to have to address at some point :-?

Sarah x

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 pm

We get to buy 3 used prefolds for £5 or one new nappy and one wrap for £5. Doesn't say what sort of nappy/wrap though. Getting £45 for one child sounds pretty good to me. I can understand you being upset if they've changed it to one per family since you last claimed though.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Was the last voucher in your name? Could you maybe get one in your DP's name?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:54 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Was the last voucher in your name? Could you maybe get one in your DP's name?

Yeah, its a bit underhand though isnt it :oops: :-?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Pfft LOL, nah, not at all. :oops: :wink:

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mineemo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:10 pm

i dont get nowt living here, i apparently i live in the wrong part of lincolnshire, cause we come under north lincs we dont get it but the rest do. now thats unfair as well.

i agree with pp tho get another one put in some one elses name, maybe ur parents or something so its a different address then they wont know its for you.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:19 pm

We don't get anything at all :evil:

In fact our council generally is crap at anything environmental. We didn't get our recycling bins for our flats until December 2009, just before the 2010 deadline for all homes to get recycling facilities :evil:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 pm

I suppose they think if you have bought nappies already with the help of the voucher, then you can reuse them for the next baby - that's the whole idea behind using cloth from a "saving money and the environment" point of view. They won't take into account people who become addicted :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat