hf1

Miffed about council incentive

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Miffed about council incentive

Postby ebonina » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Last edited by ebonina on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Hayley1984
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Hayley1984 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:13 pm

I think it is fair enough. As others have said on here, their councils don't offer ANYTHING. The logic behind it is they get you using cloth and your to re-use cloth for every child you have therefore one voucher per family they will give out. They use the voucher as a stepping stone to starting.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Hayley1984 wrote:I think it is fair enough. As others have said on here, their councils don't offer ANYTHING. The logic behind it is they get you using cloth and your to re-use cloth for every child you have therefore one voucher per family they will give out. They use the voucher as a stepping stone to starting.

I suppose so, but the nappies i bought were onelife and they were poo so i sold them and had to buy better ones anyway, which i then sold to fund bigger sizes so i have no smaller nappies, just larges now for my DD who is still in nappies so the £45 would be a great help really.

The maternity grant for example, they expect you to buy things for the baby (cot, pram etc) but they will give that grant out again for the next baby when in theory you should already have the cot/pram etc from the first :-?

I think i will get DP to ask for it (he wouldnt know if we'd had the voucher for DD in the first place lol) and see what happens, worst they can do is say no eh? x

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:51 pm

happytails wrote:
Hayley1984 wrote:I think it is fair enough. As others have said on here, their councils don't offer ANYTHING. The logic behind it is they get you using cloth and your to re-use cloth for every child you have therefore one voucher per family they will give out. They use the voucher as a stepping stone to starting.

I suppose so, but the nappies i bought were onelife and they were poo so i sold them and had to buy better ones anyway, which i then sold to fund bigger sizes so i have no smaller nappies, just larges now for my DD who is still in nappies so the £45 would be a great help really.

The maternity grant for example, they expect you to buy things for the baby (cot, pram etc) but they will give that grant out again for the next baby when in theory you should already have the cot/pram etc from the first :-?

I think these are good points actually and maybe worth writing to the council and explaining a bit more how cloth works, etc. Maybe you'd want to leave out the ones you originally bought being poo though :wink: and just eplain how you used the grant to buy small nappies, now your DD is bigger and in large nappies, which you funded by seling the smaller nappies leaving you with no small nappies for the baby.

My avatar
Hayley1984
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Hayley1984 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:55 pm

But atetod most councils don't give anything out so the nappy incentive schemes are a bonus if you like. Council's are reknown for being tight Ar**s. I did a nappy roadshow on Wednesday and had this exact Q out with them and they basically said that we were lucky to get the incentives as they had to push for what we have now and there would be no way on earth they would offer anymore out.

What council are you with? Mine is Cumbria County Council. They wanted to scrap the scheme a few months back and we fought hard for the current incentives so asking for more or multiple vouchers isn't even thinkable because they would just moan and scrap us.

I totally understand about the SS schemes and Maternity Grants but they are different. Real Nappy schemes are working to reduce landfil and recycle.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:59 pm

ours is'nt too bad. Can't moan too much, I think you get £50 cashback or a pack with 2 nappies in and liners. I got a BG and a tots easyfit. with bailey I got BBH and a wrap

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat