hf1

Can't get my DS into cloth after a "break"!

My avatar
loler
Clothie
Clothie

Can't get my DS into cloth after a "break"!

Postby loler » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:59 pm

Hello - this is my first post, so please be understanding if I get the terminology wrong :oops:

I fractured my wrist recently and as I couldn't do any nappies I used disposible pull-ups on my 2.9 year old son. He's got used to them and is now refusing to go back into cloth (have got loads of different types and have tried them all!) - he just says they are too tight and they are stuck. He's probably only got a couple of months at most left in nappies (with a bit of luck, or more effort on my part). Do I stick with the disposibles or try something else - ideas please???!

Hoping that someone very wise can give me some tips xo

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Can't get my DS into cloth after a "break"!

Postby clairelana » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 pm

I might be a cruel mother :giggle: but I'd just stop buing disposables. That way you can say you haven't got any.
Perhaps it's the fact that they are pull up's.
I'm sure someone sells pull up cloth :-? not sure who. Hopefully someone will come along and let us know.

EDT - do you use fleece linners~? perhaps he doesn't like the wetness, fleece should help with that.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:09 pm

clairelana wrote:I'm sure someone sells pull up cloth :-? not sure who. Hopefully someone will come along and let us know.
Nappies by Minki :wink:
DD did the exact same thing at about 4/5 months old and I stupidly gave in and used Pampers until last year :oops:
So no real advice I guess :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:12 pm

there must be some pull up cloth somewhere, sure I've seen it? what about training pants?

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:14 pm

sam was doing this after my childminder had used sposies- now i let him choose which nappy he wants on from the pile (not inc a sposies) he has his favorites too :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: "horsey" dunk n fluff cotton horse print :giggle:

eta- i have just ordered some training pants from puddlekins as now he is obssessed by pants :roll: :roll:

My avatar
loler
Clothie
Clothie

Postby loler » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:34 pm

Been a long day and have just realised that my spelling has gone to pot too!

Haven't bought pull-ups since having the cast off, just bog standard nature baby (so not that thin either)
Have tried the "you chose idea" - he loves his rainbow nappy - no! It doesn't stay on long enough to get wet!
Think I've got some training pants kicking around (the other two never needed them) - could be the push to potty train that I need not, sure I can stand the screeching of going cold turkey

Thanks for the help

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat