hf1

Help!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Help!

Postby emmavmorgan » Sat May 01, 2010 6:28 am

My 18 mth old Ds is very tall and very very skinny! I am having an absolute nightmare with his wraps, whichever nappy he has on and whichever wrap he ends up with a gap a the top that his trouser waist band folds down it and ends up wet through :x Can anyone suggest anything I have BB, WN, LL, UD large wraps as well as some fleece soakers and they are all the same. he does have wool but its already 25 degrees here and his shorties are sticking to his poor little legs and he has heat rash :-? I sold all his pockets as he was out weeing them.
Thanks
Emma

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Help!

Postby lazylexis » Sat May 01, 2010 6:38 am

What about getting some interlock shorts made with an elastic waistband?
The only wraps we use are airflows but i have just bought a nature babies one to try.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sat May 01, 2010 6:40 am

Poor little thing. No suggestions but hope someone can help for you. :hug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat May 01, 2010 8:45 am

I really liked shorty-style PUL wraps before we switched to PUL - Stacinators are the best known (their So Simple wraps) but there are loads of French WAHMs who make much nicer ones :mrgreen:. They usually have quite a high rise and fleece cuffs/waistband... like these:

My other suggestion would be wool soakers, you might find some preloved with a nice high rise or could have them custom-made to his measurements - they might be cooler than wool shorties? Or you could try fleece shorties, maybe a kind that doesn't have an internal soaker (Pumpkin Pants? not sure :oops:) so they aren't too thick/sweaty?

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruby » Sat May 01, 2010 10:38 am

My son is tall and skinny and I found Thirsties wraps to be a great fit on him, Nature Babies were also good!

Ruth

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Sat May 01, 2010 10:42 am

I have thought of wool soakers but we spend so much time at the beach I don't fancy picking sand and dry seaweed out of them all the time :hohoho: I like the soakers with the poppers that would mean I could get the waist small enough and the bum big enough :hohoho:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Sat May 01, 2010 12:43 pm

snugglebots makes side snap fleece and interlock soakers, maybe they would work for you

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat May 01, 2010 1:10 pm

I was also going to say Thirsties, the centre bit on the front is elasticated so it is actually designed to keep clothes away from the nappy, they work fab on my LO who is very long indeed (91st centile). Kittykins is the UK stockist & have a huge range of colours in both the original & duo wraps.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat May 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Another vote for Thirsties here too.

Kittykins aren't the only UK stockist :wink: I have a load more sat in customs right now.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat