hf1

an eco mum with wrong advice (i think)

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: an eco mum with wrong advice (i think)

Postby freyasmummy » Mon May 03, 2010 5:03 pm

What cack - Ethan was in cloth from Day 2 and only because for the first 24 hours after my c section I wasn't able to change him myself and went for the easy option! His first nappy was a Moltex though, my hossie uses them as standard, so not too bad!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm

just out of interest.....for future reference :giggle: what nappies did you all use on your newborns? I bought diddy diapers amongst others for ethan but wasnt keen on them...they seemed too bulky on him until he was around 4 weeks and he outgrew them in the rise very fast. what small, slim fitting newborn nappies did you find best? :)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Bam Mios :puke: :hohoho: and terries, from about a week or two. then we switched to Mothercare smart nappies at about a month.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon May 03, 2010 5:12 pm

I used diddy diapers on riley and she was probably only 5lbs or so. Also x-small fuzzis, and bambino bambinex (?) ones were great and nice and small.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:Bam Mios :puke: :hohoho: and terries, from about a week or two. then we switched to Mothercare smart nappies at about a month.

i also had the mothercare smart nappies and have to say they was probably the worst cloth nappy system i have ever tried so far on ethan....its wierd how what works for one baby doesnt for another...we also had the cotton bottoms system....i tried...oh how i tried to get on with it but it just wpouldnt work for us....i would say the one that was most succsessful and got us properly into cloth was the motherease small sandies form around 6 weeks old....theres been no going back since then and we have moved on to different things ect but the sandies were the ones that got me hooked.

i still use the cotton bottoms prefolds as pocket stuffers sometimes or usualy as changing mat liners.....the wraps are long gone...i sold them early on...they was pants lol

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Nick and Zac both went into a cloth nappy as soon as we had finished skin to skin. Both Home births though. Zac had a Diddy diaper and a small Motherease Rikki and Nicky a size 0 bimble and a small Motherease rikki.

I love size 0 bimbles (the nippa version) on newborns and I found rikki wraps the most reliable. Xs and S Sandy's were also very good.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon May 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Our hospital didn't want us using cloth but i did anyway - they wouldn't have had a clue because i did all nappies and put the used ones immediately in my wet bag. I was only in 36hrs though.

I used folded muslin squares with wraps for the first couple of days, but on day 2 started using small itti's and bum genius. She was a big girl though (4.2kg/ 9lb 4oz), so i suspect smaller babies wouldn't be able to use those so soon.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon May 03, 2010 6:43 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:Bam Mios :puke: :hohoho: and terries, from about a week or two. then we switched to Mothercare smart nappies at about a month.

i also had the mothercare smart nappies and have to say they was probably the worst cloth nappy system i have ever tried so far on ethan....its wierd how what works for one baby doesnt for another...we also had the cotton bottoms system....i tried...oh how i tried to get on with it but it just wpouldnt work for us....i would say the one that was most succsessful and got us properly into cloth was the motherease small sandies form around 6 weeks old....theres been no going back since then and we have moved on to different things ect but the sandies were the ones that got me hooked.

i still use the cotton bottoms prefolds as pocket stuffers sometimes or usualy as changing mat liners.....the wraps are long gone...i sold them early on...they was pants lol

I actually really liked our MCSN, but now I've used fitteds and wool etc I don't think I'd like them as much :giggle: Nice cheap starter and miles nicer than Bam Mio :puke: I really dislike them :giggle:
I think with number two we'll use WN, BG and LLs, with wool and maybe a couple of wraps.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 03, 2010 6:50 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:just out of interest.....for future reference :giggle: what nappies did you all use on your newborns?

Grace's first nappy was a nippa'd bimble - super cute too :)
With a WN XS wrap...

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat