hf1

Which skin products for babies?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Which skin products for babies?

Postby megansmummy » Tue May 04, 2010 1:48 pm

I need some more nappy blam/cream for Kieren and also want some kind of powder too...I have looked at the greenbaby stuff they do the nappy blam (which we have atm) and they also do a powder...what else is out there and where do you buy from??

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Which skin products for babies?

Postby Saskia » Tue May 04, 2010 2:10 pm

I don't use anything other than in the bath - I don't cream/oil/powder her in anyway.

I like the Little Me organic range and Boots Botanics baby.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 04, 2010 2:12 pm

I got some diaper dust from Jabula which was really lovely (it is talc free) but I kept forgetting to use it!
Apart from the very odd smear of sudocream I don't use anything on any of our kids skin not even in the bath (well soap for hands obv!)

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Tue May 04, 2010 2:29 pm

I was going to ask this.
What kind of shampoo do you all use too?
I wanted something for the girls bath too.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:58 pm

i use johnsons lavender and camomile shampoo/bodywash in the bath....sudo crem at nappy changes and cocoa butter on ethans skin after his bath....ethan had realy dry skin when he was younger and out of pure desperation i tried cocoa butter when my mixed race friend suggested it....its been brilliant for him and he gets creamed up after every bath now...he smells good enough to eat too lol.

ive been lucky with ethan as rienna was allergic to lanolin and lots of things so i couldnt use very much on her skin at all :)

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Tue May 04, 2010 3:03 pm

The boys use Loreal Kids shampoo (or the supermarket own equivalent), and Freya has Dentinox cradle cap shampoo once or twice a week, and head-to-toe wash the rest of the time.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:07 pm

We use the Green People's stuff. The nappy balm where needed (fab stuff- works better than metanium on Ryan!) and the body wash for bathtimes. And the suncream! :)

Also like the Earth Friendly Baby/Kids bubble bath for a treat :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue May 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Earth Angel Baby diaper rash salve for nappy rash but TBH have very rarely had to use anything. For bubble bath/shampoo etc - Ewe Need It, Green Baby, Earth Friendly baby and sometimes Northern Essence here. Johnsons is awful stuff, full of nasty chemicals that all of mine react to.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue May 04, 2010 3:16 pm

We just use "adult" natural shampoo, so Faith in Nature on the go atm, with some Duchy Organics conditioner that I found cheap in TKMaxx.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat