My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Think i am gonna have to give up for good :(

Postby Sally » Wed May 05, 2010 10:16 am

im not 100% up to date with what youv'e tried sammie,
and im :bf: so excuse typing
Honey has really sensitive skin I can't use washing powder we use soap flakes or soap nuts and bio d the bio d kills any germs etc,
At nappy change we have to do this wash bum with water and diaper rash soap, dry fully with diaper talc and put on nappy salve for sensitive skin or at the moment we are using oilatium as she also has excema since we started solids :roll:
this keeps her skin ok she has rashes every day that is normal but they aren't painful as we keep her well oiled :giggle:
we can only use pul sparyingly and use wool or fleece its elastic for us that causes problems as well clothes are the same for us she reacts to everything :(
we use oilatium bath too atm disposable nappies maker her skin peel :shock:
hth, :hug: :hug: :hug:
and either way stick around :wink:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 am

Could it be paper liners if you use those? I stopped using them this week & Isaac's rash cleared up on day one :hug:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:38 am

Chooky wrote::hug: Sorry i don't have any advice but thought i should say this...
CNT is not like ANY other forum i have ever visited. This is more of an extended family than a forum and i really don't think anyone would want you to leave :hug: Cloth Nappies are only the begining of many other things on CNT! :cnthug:

Couldn't put it better :wink: Just coz your LO is no longer in cloth you can still appreciate the fluffy yumminess. As well you have all that experience that you can still pass along to new clothie's :wink:

You have friends on here and just like if you change schools or jobs, etc it doesn't mean you can't keep in touch with the friends you made there. We would be sad to see you go :hug:

Don't feel guilty or sad for putting Alesha in sposies if this is what you feel you need to do. I would keep hold of some of your WNs as you never know in the future. I would also look at trying out some of the above suggestions before you sell the whole lot as they will cost a lot more to replace in future if you find cloth ever starts working for you again.

Maybe try a long, drawn out strip wash and rinse the life out fo them. If Alesha is in sposies for now you could do a couple of strip washes and see how you go.

Sending you lots of :hug: :D

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed May 05, 2010 10:42 am

Oh hun thats pants :( I know from your previous posts you have tried just about everything so it must be a hard decision. Dont you be running off though!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed May 05, 2010 10:54 am

Thankyou so much girls i really wanna stick around, was nearly in tears when i was writing the original post at the thought of leaving CNT thats something i really dnt wanna do! I have made so many friends here and some days this site has keeped me going through everything :hug: i know i gonna have so many questions to answer now she is sposies for a while as have had many arguemnts with family and friends about her cloth!

Her whole stash has been stripped washed in our normal washing powder, same reaction, so stripped in a biological, unscented etc washing powder and still the same reaction (washed in full dose and rinsed 10times after :shock: ) and then air dryed,

We dont use paper lines but where using fleece in fitteds so stopped using them, and she still reacted to the fitteds aswell as pockets

I took her docs and he gave her several creams/ointments to use, i used them with a sposie till skin was clear and then continued to use them in cloth (pockets one day to try out and fitteds with wool the next day to try out) her skin came back out with reaction, put her back in sposie with creams and her skin cleared within a couple hours, she is now wearing sposies (tesco own atm) with no cream and her skin is fine, just a few patches of broken skin that are healing nicely,

I will be keeping a few(enough for a couple days wear) just in case maybe in a couple months or something her skin may have changed but really dnt want a load of nappies sitting here, sitting unloved as that will bring me down anyways, would rather sell them on for someone else to use, and use the money for other Wahm goodies to make up for it :giggle: !

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:00 am

Have you tried stripping with vinegar? that would make sure that there is no residue left at all. I started using tea tree oil in all of our washes to kill off any bacteria that could be left behind to and that has really helped.

Just because you aren't using cloth doesn't mean you cant stay on the forum. There is much more to CNT than cloth nappies :hug:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed May 05, 2010 11:06 am

She has had reactions in the past with both tea tree and vinegar, thankyou for the suggestion thou xx

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Wed May 05, 2010 11:19 am

awwww good luck hon :hug: :hug: :hug: you are doing whats best so don't worry and treat yourself to something nice with your classified money :hug:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed May 05, 2010 12:48 pm

princessliana wrote:awwww good luck hon :hug: :hug: :hug: you are doing whats best so don't worry and treat yourself to something nice with your classified money :hug:

Already have with the hoody and fabric i getting from you :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat