hf1

Pockets and inserts

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Pockets and inserts

Postby rachymoo » Wed May 05, 2010 2:57 pm

I hope it’s ok that I’ve posted this in this section, it’s sort of to do with pockets AND inserts so didn’t know whether to post in the Pockets or the Accessories bit!

Anyway.. first of all, I need some inserts as I’ve got quite a few pockets now but not quite enough inserts for all of them, which means that I’ve often got pockets that are clean but having to wait until I’ve done a nappy wash so that I’ve got clean inserts to use in them. Now, I know a lot of pocket nappies come with their own inserts (or you can buy the branded inserts for them, etc) – but are there any inserts that are good for pretty much any nappy? I am looking for 2 types really – 1) some that are good for night time use and 2) some that are pretty good but don’t cost much. (If I can find some that cover both of those then fab!). So can you recommend any good ones? I have seen something called an Easy Peasy mentioned a lot – are they good for pockets? I’ve got some Little Lamb inserts on the way but still need some more. Maybe I am best using certain types for certain nappies, I don't know if it's possible to find an insert that 'fits all', but thought it was worth asking.

Ok second – I have got a mix of pockets, AIOs and fitteds and I do like all 3, but I need to get some more that I can send to childcare etc so they need to be ‘easy ones’ – i.e. not fitteds, lol. (will save them for when I am at home with her!). (plus DP hates fitteds and I'm trying to encourage him to use cloth, which at the moment is not working :evil: ) What pockets do you like best? At the moment I have some Upsy Daisys, a Fuzzi, a couple of Wonderoos, a Minki and a couple of Coolababys. I really like Coolababys, I think they are great for the price! Can you think of any others that you think I’m missing out on? (lol). Or should I just buy more of what I’ve already got?

Sorry for the looong babbling post!

Rach xx
Last edited by rachymoo on Wed May 05, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Pockets and inserts

Postby Caroline » Wed May 05, 2010 3:03 pm

My personal opinion is that bumGenius One Size are the best pocket nappy. They fit really well and we have never, ever had a leek.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed May 05, 2010 3:10 pm

i'd stick with pd inserts size 2 with a easy peasy hemp we use bbos inserts as well but far prefer the pd inserts

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed May 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Sorry I know I sound thick but what's PD and BBOS? :oops: (I am still a bit new to this!)

Rach x

My avatar
KittyMay
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby KittyMay » Wed May 05, 2010 3:14 pm

I really like GreenKids Anytimes pockets, there inserts are very good too.
Wendy x

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Wed May 05, 2010 3:16 pm

P'tits Dessous and Blueberry Onesize.... I think.... :wink: I use MF Wonderfulls as Martha is a light wetter.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Caroline wrote:My personal opinion is that bumGenius One Size are the best pocket nappy. They fit really well and we have never, ever had a leek.

BG would be great for sending out to childcare.

As for inserts petie dessous (PD) and easy peasy pretty much do any pocket nappy, i also used them to boost Little Lambs at night.

You will need something on top of your EP when they come though because although hemp is super absorbent it is slow to absorb so you need something on top to gobble the wee quick, a PD works well or microfibre but lots of people don't get on well with mf
x

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Have to second Bumgenius (BGs) as I have 20 of them which I use for Max when he with the ILs and they are great. They come with 2 microfibre (mf) inserts - one newborn and one thicker one for when LO is bigger and/or peeing heavier - put together they last Max about 3 hours and he is a heavy-wetter.

For my other pockets I use Petite D'sous and Easy Peasy hemp boosters (but after what Kirsty said I may combine that with a thin mf insert as well! See, even us non-newbie learn new stuff all the time :wink: :giggle: )

P'tite D'sous: http://www.babykind.co.uk/pocketnappyin ... mbooinsert

Easp Peasy hemp boosters: http://www.babykind.co.uk/boostersandli ... #hempjersy they also do a mf booster so you could use the hemmp and mf together.

Blueberry One size inerts are a combo of hemp and mf: http://www.babykind.co.uk/pocketnappyin ... mbiinserts

Keep in mind that the bamboo inserts will take several washes to reach their full absorbency :wink: Other sites sell inserts too but I gave you the Baykind link as I know they definitely stock them.

Also check out Green Kids inserts: http://www.nappyzone.co.uk/greenkids.htm (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Hope this helps :D

ETA to say: if you're looking for other pockets to use for nursery then aplix fastening will be the easiest for people to use so try BG, Greenkids, Happy Heinys and you could always have a few WNOS for cuteness :D

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Thu May 06, 2010 7:18 am

P'tits Dessous now do a Onesize bamboo insert, which is great. For overnight, the ecoearth bamboo night time pad is unbeatable, used as a booster or insert on it's own, if you don't have a real heavy wetter. It takes ages to dry, but my! is it thirsty!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat