hf1

Question for those with no utility room

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Question for those with no utility room

Postby boothyboysmummy » Sun May 09, 2010 9:11 pm

no utility room here either, i just keep the lidded nappy bucket in the kitchen next to the washing basket, i put tea tree on a sanitry towel stuck to the inside of the lid( :giggle: ) so doesnt smell!!!

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Sun May 09, 2010 9:25 pm

I keep them in Scarletts room, next to her changing unit.

Im assuming your bucket smells - hence its out of the way??

Dont have any smells coming from her bucket so i just keep them where its convenient, right next to her changer. I have a utility but am lazy and dont wanna go down stairs to put her nappy in a bucket LOL!

I use a brabantia 30L bin - no smells seem to escape it and its very practical :)

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun May 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Rox wrote:Im assuming your bucket smells - hence its out of the way??

TBH, the reason we keep it in the utility room is cos we have one :giggle: . Normally, because it's in there and therefore out of sight and out of mind, I get lazy about it and leave the lid off the bin :oops: , I suppose if I didn't have a utility I'd keep a lid on the bin and wouldn't have the problem I have in the first place :roll: :hohoho:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon May 10, 2010 12:06 am

I have one in the bathroom, so any nappies changed upstairs, or taken upstairs to sluice go in there, I also have one in the kitchen for just wet nappies

My avatar
ruth+daisy+poppy
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruth+daisy+poppy » Mon May 10, 2010 8:16 am

Next to her changing cabinet! Just lazy too!
I tend to whack a couple of drops of oil (tea tree or lavendar depending on mood) on a bit of fleece in the bottom of the bucket and no smells!
Would luuurve utility room though!

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Wed May 12, 2010 7:18 am

:idea: just wanted to say im now keeping it in the downstairs loo under the sink,i decided the kitchen wasnt the most hygenic of places,and i always go into the loo to flush the disp liner if hes not wearing a fleece one.

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Wed May 12, 2010 8:03 am

In my downstairs toilet - I always change ds downstairs out of laziness so it's convenient... and a talking point for visitors!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat