hf1

Question for those with no utility room

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Question for those with no utility room

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 pm

We have a lidded bucket in DDs nursery as that's where all nappy changes happen - can't see that ever changing so if she gets interested in it as she gets older I'll have to get a lockable bucket or something - don't fancy having to run down the hallway with a wet nappy while DD crawls around the floor nappy free - and I use the upturned bucket lid to keep pooey nappies on while I finish changing her. We use essential oils in the bin to keep smells at bay, but I wash every other day anyway so no problem with smells.

I'd love a utility room for drying the nappies in though - we permanently have a clothes airer in the breakfast room with either nappies, or baby clothes, or our clothes on unless the weather is really warm :-(

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri May 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Annette wrote:Couldn't you have it upstairs in the bathroom? It just seems to me that (dare I say it :giggle:) Rhys will not be in nappies for all that much longer (sorry!) and I wouldn't want to make a house choice based on a requirement that will be so short term.

:giggle: Yeah, he's most likely going to PT soon, he is using the toilet a little bit already (although only for poos which we're having a bit of a problem with at the minute :roll: (TMI :giggle: ).

Part of the reason for moving is to get another bedroom though, with the view to adding another little person eventually :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat May 08, 2010 6:08 am

ahhhhhhh

And actually a downstairs loo when pt'ing is really handy.

My avatar
Hughesette
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Hughesette » Sat May 08, 2010 7:10 am

i have a small lidded one in Lelas room, and one large bucket with lid under the stairs,we do have a utility room, but have to go outside to get to it. So just use that to transfer nappies when the inside buckets get full!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun May 09, 2010 4:14 pm

We dont have the luxury of a utility room, so use a bucket with a tight fitting lockable lid in the kitchen.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun May 09, 2010 4:55 pm

I have a utility but keep the nappy bucket in the bathroom

My avatar
Hayley1984
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Hayley1984 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Wet bag in the bathroom.

*dreams* of having a utility room 8-)

My avatar
holmes2974
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby holmes2974 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:51 pm

We have a large wetbag hanging on the back of Sophie's door. Currently using what should be Millie's room to hang out all the washing if the weather's not good enough to hang it outside, so I'm not sure what we'll do once she moves out of our room.....

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun May 09, 2010 8:53 pm

TBH even if we had a utility room I'm not sure I'd move the nappy bucket from where it is as I do all the nappy changes upstairs and it's bad enough carrying a wriggley baby downstairs let alone combine that with potentially a stinky wet nappy :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat