hf1

Question for those with no utility room

My avatar
becky
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Question for those with no utility room

Postby becky » Fri May 07, 2010 3:54 pm

i do have a utility room but don't keep nappies there! have a wetbag on the bag of the door in big girls room (nearly 2) and a lidded bucket in littler ones room (4 months). no probs with smells at all.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Fri May 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Oooo never thought of it either!! We've a massive utility here- although i think my bigger problem if i had no utility is where we'd keep the 4 dogs!!! :giggle:

Think it'd have to be understairs/ toilet for me though- don't think i could cope with it in the kitchen, the smell of pee would get to me!!

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Fri May 07, 2010 4:29 pm

We did keep in the bathroom which is quite small and we were noticing wee smells even though its a lidded bin, we've moved it downstairs to the kitchen and it's fine... it's kept next to the washing machine more for conveniance really :giggle: When I have had to sluice them off with the shower I've brought them back down in nappy sacks and then emptied into the bin/washing machine

If we had a utility room/downstairs loo then there would be no question where it would be kept

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri May 07, 2010 5:58 pm

arianwen wrote:One in the bathroom for dirty nappies and one in the kitchen for wet nappies.

yep this except i have wetbags.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri May 07, 2010 6:16 pm

We keep ours in Nathan's room, bathroom is too small or it would be in there.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri May 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Thanks all, I'm thinking that a utility or downstairs guest loo is going to be on our list. Couldn't be doing with them in the kitchen.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri May 07, 2010 6:34 pm

We have a bin in kitchen and one in bathroom.don't notice a smell at all.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri May 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Bathroom. All nappy changes are done upstairs as nappies are kept in the boys' room, so it makes sense to keep the nappy bin up there. Would love a utility but even if we had one I'd still keep the nappy bin up there.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri May 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Thanks all, I'm thinking that a utility or downstairs guest loo is going to be on our list. Couldn't be doing with them in the kitchen.

Couldn't you have it upstairs in the bathroom? It just seems to me that (dare I say it :giggle:) Rhys will not be in nappies for all that much longer (sorry!) and I wouldn't want to make a house choice based on a requirement that will be so short term.

Of course having said that, a downstairs toilet and a utility room would be fab but for other reasons

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat