My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Question for those with no utility room

Postby JabberJabber » Fri May 07, 2010 9:20 am

We are hoping to get a utility room in our next house. We are going to have to move the bucket to the kitchen. Was in with Oliver but he's too interested now. No room in the loo or bathroom.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 am

Two lidded buckets in the bathroom :D

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Fri May 07, 2010 9:43 am

Ours go under the stairs next to the washing powder! They don't stay there that long as we do lots of washes here :roll:

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Fri May 07, 2010 9:47 am

large wet bag in the kitchen - hangs on washing basket - doesnt smell - but if they're soiled i tend to wash a load then or rinse/hose it off anyway. But i can now go a week between washes as its only night nappies.

without a utility room - it'll be the noise of the washing machine that may be more annoying which is why i got a quiet motor miele one last time

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri May 07, 2010 9:49 am

Our nappy bucket is in Sandys nursery next to his changing unit. It doesnt smell or anything because it has a lid on. I guess it will have to go somewhere else once he is up and about though...

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Fri May 07, 2010 9:52 am

we keep ours in a cuboard where the boiler is and all the shoes and coats are kept here. the biloer quite high up in there so you never really know theres smelly nappies about.

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Fri May 07, 2010 9:55 am

In an extra large monkeyfoot wetbag in the kitchen, doesn't smell either however I always sluice and rinse nappies straight away after #2's and we do lots of washes here too.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri May 07, 2010 10:00 am

Ours stays in Oscar's room (that's where clara is currently changed) - he's never shown any interest in it. Once our loft is finished and Clara has her own room, the bucket will move in there next to the change table. When ds started nursery, the bucket moved into the downstairs loo since most nappies were coming straight from his bag.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:06 am

we keep ours in the kitchen in front of the washing machine but we soak the nappies in tea tree oil and water before washing

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat