hf1

Yeast infection help

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Yeast infection help

Postby ladybird » Sun May 09, 2010 10:15 am

I would get him back on the acidophilus (yoghurts don't generally have enough in them so when eaten the stomach acid destroys some, although live natural yoghurt is better than the probiotic yoghurt drinks). She could also put live yoghurt on the affected area, perhaps with a paper liner between yoghurt and nappy although I would then change this very soon. Nappies and clothing of natural materials, as Louise said.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Sun May 09, 2010 11:30 am

hi i'm so glad i'm not the only one my son seems to have it about every two mouths or so but he is teething as well so thats not helping. but we give him nappy free time and change him every couple of hours. but he gets reactions from disposables thats why we use cloth. it's nice to konw other people are having problems with it to and i'll give your ideas a go too.

My avatar
bubbaloo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby bubbaloo » Mon May 10, 2010 10:52 am

Im glad i read that about teething. I thought mine was worse when teething.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon May 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Mine get terrible nappy rash when they are teething but thankfully no yeast infection. I have told my friend about the grapeseed extract and she's going to try that. Thanks for all the ideas

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon May 10, 2010 12:48 pm

we used to have that problem.
i got rid of all nappies with man made fibres and even avoided fleece liners and PUL wraps and pockets. and that worked.
bizzarely enough he also reacted to bamboo with a rash of tiny spots that looked very similar to the thrush....
and i kept doing 60 degrees washes for a few weeks after he was visably clear just in case...and pro biotic powder! i rember now! i usedf to champion that stuff! its wonderful and amazing!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat