hf1

WNNN and WNNL - opinions?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

WNNN and WNNL - opinions?

Postby rachymoo » Sun May 09, 2010 11:04 am

(sorry, this is to do with both Night Nappies and Fitteds so thought I was best just posting it here!)

Hello,

I am feeding my Wee Notions addiction again, someone really needs to block my access to their website :giggle:

I bought an AI2 recently and now want to get either a WNNN or a WNNL. Which do people prefer? If you've got either (or both), do you like it or not? Why?

To be honest, I'd like one that I can use both day and night, so don't know which one of these would be best. I guess I was mainly looking for a night nappy because at the moment the only ones I have suitable for night use are Little Lamb bamboos and Motherease Sandy. But, I want a custom one and so it'll be too pretty just for night I'd like to show it off in the day too :D

Also do they work well with most wraps or are they best with WN wraps? Just asking as I don't have a WN wrap (yet :hohoho: ), want to buy one but can't really afford to get one until a bit later on, next month probably.

Rach xx

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: WNNN and WNNL - opinions?

Postby weefywoo » Sun May 09, 2010 11:10 am

Rach :idea: :idea:

It really depends on how heavy a wetter lilly is, if she is a heavy wetter then go for a Night Notion if she is light then a Northern Light would probably be okay for both with extra boosting for night, When we used PUL I found that Wee Notions wraps or Motherease were best to go over Night Notions but for the NN I had to buy an X-Lrg wrap to fit over it properly :-?

Oh and hold onto the wrap until you get your self one :wink:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun May 09, 2010 11:14 am

Hi Rach

If you want one that you can use for both day & night, I would get the WNNN because you can adjust the absorb layers. The WNNL has a snap in insert with 4 layers of bamboo whereas the WNNN has a snap in insert with 6 layers as well as a 4 layer booster that can be put in the pocket. Wee notions work with any type of wrap.

HTH

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun May 09, 2010 11:15 am

I love northern lights, alot more than the night notions, Summer uses them over night and they are really trim too, and obv cheaper too ;)

Oh and you are banned from WNs at the mo, we all are, the store is on showcase ;)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun May 09, 2010 11:49 am

Not tried the WNNN but our WNNL are lovely! The BTP fits Dawn (which is a rarity, let me tell you!) :wine:

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:06 pm

We love our WNNN with minkee outers, he doesn't even need a wrap over these with all the inserts :wine: I've not tried them for day use though but guess you could take out one of the inserts to make it smaller. We have one WNNL and really like this too but have never used it at night. It might be worth looking at classifieds as I picked up a couple of WN wraps a while ago which are lovely. Sorry not much help really :oops: but hope you get some soon :giggle:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun May 09, 2010 1:29 pm

i love the one size northern light i have got but unfortunatly they have stopped making the one size :(

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun May 09, 2010 1:49 pm

I find WNNN good at night but too bulky for day. dans not a heavy wetter so he can wear WNNL to bed

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon May 10, 2010 7:36 am

I'd say get an NN if you want something you can use night or day - Lili's not a heavy wetter so we used our NN overnight with just the bamboo insert that goes inside the pocket and a hemp booster, never bothered with the snap-in - like that it's slim enough for day use, and I like the stay-dry, easy-clean inner more than the bamboo towelling inner on the NLs. I know a lot of people love NLs, but I actually find them one of our least absorbent and longest-to-dry fitteds, and not the best fit :oops: ... even for my light wetter I have to use ours with a hemp booster during the day to make it last anything like as long as a Goodmama or a HL fitted.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat