hf1

Gonna brave the first night in cloth - quick question! lol!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Gonna brave the first night in cloth - quick question! lol!

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Right I have boot a hemp booster but it's only had 3 washes so far (have been sticking it in with my nappy washes) Do you think it'll be ok with just the hemp insert or shall i put a Fuzzi insert in with it too until it is more absorbant?

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:44 pm

What are you putting them in?????

If it's the fuzzi pocket then I'd put in the fuzzi insert too, though just the two inserts wouldn't see Georgia through the night :?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:04 pm

I've never used a pocket nappy overnight as I'm pretty sure it wouldn't last Louis. If I ever had to in an emergency I'd use 2 hemp boosters (mine are 4 layers so 8 layers total) and the fuzzi one and cross my fingers!!!

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:41 pm

Oh bugger hope she last then! She has the fuzzi insert (not sure whats that made up of) plus a double layer of hemp. tbh she's never been a massive wetter fingers frossed :?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:56 pm

She might be ok I hope so look forward to your message in the morning!!!

If you want to stick to pocket nappies for night time the one I understand works well is the Minki pocket. Most of the big online stores sell them. they are fleece inside and outside the difference is that they are not designed to be slim fitting which means you can get the extra boosting needed at night in them which is the problem with using somehting like a fuzzi. They are pretty cute too! Other good night options are hemp/terry stuffie and bumbles/bameasy by Easy Peasy nappies, you would need a wrap with these wool is fab for night. You may be more comfortable trying a minki first to see how you get on.

As the hemp inserts are pretty expensive (large eh hemp £4.50) I ended up making my own, the material cost £8ish from babeco and I got about 7 boosters/inserts out of it. Might be worth doing if you sew as you seem to be going down a pocket only route at this stage!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:37 pm

I want to make my own wipes so may make some inserts too. Where is the best place to get the material for that too?

Also do you use fleece for wipes or something else?

Will have a look at some night nappies now then... oooh is that an excuse for more? haha :lol:

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:53 pm

Best place for fabrics is http://www.babeco.co.uk/ and http://www.weenotions.co.uk

For wipes I have made double sided ones, fleece one side and terry or microfibre on the other. Fleece on it's own doesn't work very well on pooey bums :shock: it just smears it round :wink:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:39 am

We occasionally use pockets at night and dont have any problems :) Phebie isn't a big wee'r though. Our fav night nappy is a bamboo baby beehinds (needs a wrap though) its nice a slim and and Phebie can still wear her normal sized sleep suits.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:57 am

Well I didn't get up with her this morning as it was james's turn (i was shattered after the meet too!) and he said she was wet :? whoops.

I'm gonna look at those websites today and get some more boosters made and some wipes hopefully.

Thanks ladies :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat