hf1

Returning to work... help and ideas please!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Returning to work... help and ideas please!

Postby tiyuricc » Tue May 11, 2010 2:15 pm

e586 wrote:mine do poo ones in a nappy sack then the wet bag :) keep telling them they don't have to though!!

our nursery did that too, they said they had to in case one of the kids got into the wetbag (it was a drawstring one)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:16 pm

that makes sense! :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue May 11, 2010 4:50 pm

We used BG pockets with Megan so i sent those to nursery when she started at 7 months but after about 3 weeks they kept leaking and nursery were constantly complaining...so i switched to fitteds and prefolds which my nursery where fab about, they just tri-folded prefolds and were find with the little lambs that i sent too with rikki wraps...that solved the leaks and were fine :) I also sent paper liners :)

When i was going back this time I only have fitteds with Kieren so thats what i would have sent...i decided not to go back at the last minute but if i had of gone back then i would have sent fitteds and wool/fleece/interlock as K gets a rash in PUL...

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Twinmamma » Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 pm

I knew you'd all be utterly fab and put my mind at rest - thank you! :wine:

I saw the child minder today who has never been near a cloth nappy in her life! She's very willing though. I explained the liners and she misunderstood and thought she could just change those each time - I'm going to write some simple instructions! Thank you for the tips on cream, I hadn't though of that at all.

I'm off to stalk the classifieds boards now for some BG as we haven't got any of those and so many of you recommended them :giggle:

xxx

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed May 12, 2010 7:48 am

Lilly goes to a childminder 2 days a week and she's with a family member for 2 days. The family member had never heard of cloth nappies so I send pockets and AIOs, the easiest ones I can find (normally Minki, Coolababy,Ittis, WN etc). I do try to send AIOs and pockets to the childminder too but I know she did use cloth on her DD, infcat she even used terries at one point! So i do send the odd fitted here and there and she's fine with it.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat