hf1

Ladies who don't have a dryer....

My avatar
Orchid
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Ladies who don't have a dryer....

Postby Orchid » Mon May 10, 2010 10:48 am

...or who don't put your nappies in a dryer what do you find works the best?

I'm not sure what the water is like where I am (near Leeds) but all my bamboo terry ends up quite stiff. And I cant be bothered rubbing it together every time I wash it :roll: The only thing that stays reasonably soft is OBV. And microfibre/minkee of course but I like fitteds and wool and pockets arent a good fit on ds.

Are there any workhorse obv fitteds that I'm missing or to I just have to stick with OBV fancy fitteds? Not that I mind buying the nice ones :wink: :D

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Ladies who don't have a dryer....

Postby Soozi » Mon May 10, 2010 10:58 am

we don't use a dryer but i only use bamboo velour. I find not using a dryer makes the fabric stay nice a lot longer. And i guess we only use fancy ones lol! X

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Ladies who don't have a dryer....

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon May 10, 2010 10:59 am

I don't have a dryer either and use obv Holdens Landing fitteds. Although they are 'fancy' if you buy them preloved like I did with most of mine they can be workhorse fitteds :wink:

I've heard rainwater softens nappies, is this true?

My avatar
Orchid
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Ladies who don't have a dryer....

Postby Orchid » Mon May 10, 2010 11:43 am

I didn't think I was missing anything. I have bought most of mine preloved and the obv ones are all still lovely. But the wnnl have gone hard as well as my bamboo terry squares that I use for stuffing pockets. So will the obv stay nice wash after wash? I hope so :D

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Ladies who don't have a dryer....

Postby Soozi » Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 am

ive been using the same obv ones for two years now and they are still in vvvvvvvvguc (and i only have 24 so they are in near enough constant use)
x

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Ladies who don't have a dryer....

Postby 50ftQueenie » Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 am

Miss_Purple wrote:I don't have a dryer either and use obv Holdens Landing fitteds. Although they are 'fancy' if you buy them preloved like I did with most of mine they can be workhorse fitteds :wink:

I've heard rainwater softens nappies, is this true?


Oh yes! I've heard that. Should be easy enough to try in his country! :giggle:

My avatar
Orchid
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Ladies who don't have a dryer....

Postby Orchid » Mon May 10, 2010 11:59 am

50ftQueenie wrote:
Miss_Purple wrote:I don't have a dryer either and use obv Holdens Landing fitteds. Although they are 'fancy' if you buy them preloved like I did with most of mine they can be workhorse fitteds :wink:

I've heard rainwater softens nappies, is this true?


Oh yes! I've heard that. Should be easy enough to try in his country! :giggle:


Could even try that today :giggle:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Ladies who don't have a dryer....

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon May 10, 2010 12:02 pm

Orchid wrote:
50ftQueenie wrote:
Miss_Purple wrote:I don't have a dryer either and use obv Holdens Landing fitteds. Although they are 'fancy' if you buy them preloved like I did with most of mine they can be workhorse fitteds :wink:

I've heard rainwater softens nappies, is this true?


Oh yes! I've heard that. Should be easy enough to try in his country! :giggle:


Could even try that today :giggle:


It's sunny here today! I have OBV nappies which are preloved and some which are practically new, and you can definitely tell the difference between the ones which are new and the ones which are older, but they do stay soft for a fair while I would say.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Ladies who don't have a dryer....

Postby ladybird » Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 pm

I used to find that non obv nappies only really went crunchy when they dried too quickly on a hot day. I used to give them a good shake. Tbh none of the boys ever complained of crunchy nappies so I didn't bother about it too much. We use obv pretty much exclusively now so not a problem, but I don't think Tallin would care either way. No dryer here.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat