hf1

Possibly a strange question - cloth and sleeping

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Possibly a strange question - cloth and sleeping

Postby rachymoo » Tue May 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi, I hope this doesn't sound strange but do/did any of you notice whether your little one wearing cloth at night makes/made any difference to their sleeping? (I know a lot of you havent used sposies for a long time but if you can remember anything...?)

I only ask because, my DD wears cloth 99% of the time now, it would all ALL the time if I had my way as I really don't like sposies any more :( but if my DP gets her ready for bed or something then he normally sneaks a sposie on her :nono: the past couple of weeks, I've had a few bad nights with her where she'll scream for ages, non stop. Yet other nights, she's slept through all night. I suddenly realised that the nights she didn't sleep very well were the nights she was wearing cloth. She has slept through EVERY night that she's worn sposies :-?

Has anyone else found this, or am I doing something wrong? I don't get it.. I want to be able to use cloth all the time but I also want to be able to sleep! She has gone to bed in cloth tonight anyway so will see what happens - but what would you do/try?

If it helps, she normally goes to bed in Motherease Sandys or Little Lamb bamboos (I always boost them for night time)

Rach xx

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Possibly a strange question - cloth and sleeping

Postby Scotia » Tue May 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Kerr sleeps all night if he is wearing a disposable nappy. If he is wearing cloth he doesn't. I do keep trying a sneaky cloth night, but it never ever works.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue May 11, 2010 7:31 pm

It could be her night nappy isn't absorbent enough... Or the fleece liner (if it's a fitted) isn't big enough...
Grace's fleece liners for night fitteds are ENORMOUS :lol:

Grace sleeps through sporadically but she's only once worn a disposable overnight and that was in hospital so hardly a fair comparison ;)

I discovered though that Grace sleeps badly if she wears wool over her night nappy - she sleeps MUCH better with a PUL wrap over her night fitted (or a pul pocket on) so that may make a difference...

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Tue May 11, 2010 7:39 pm

Hmm. She normally wears either a bamboo Little Lamb with a Little Lamb wrap or a Motherease Sandy with a Rikki wrap (and always a couple of boosters in the nappy), does this sound ok? Am i better buying proper night nappies do you think or would that not make a difference?

Rach x

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue May 11, 2010 7:39 pm

DS only ever woke in the night 2 or 3 times after the age of 6 weeks... and it was the nights he was in cloth, aged about 6 months. i probably should have tried harder, but i wanted my sleep so quickly switched back to sposies.

clara has had sposies on only a couple of times in her young life, and i think she slept longer, but may have just been coincidence.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue May 11, 2010 7:46 pm

rachymoo wrote:Hmm. She normally wears either a bamboo Little Lamb with a Little Lamb wrap or a Motherease Sandy with a Rikki wrap (and always a couple of boosters in the nappy), does this sound ok? Am i better buying proper night nappies do you think or would that not make a difference?

Rach x

That sounds fine - a dedicated night nappy might be less bulky but I regularly put boosted day nappies to use as night nappies on Grace and I've not noticed her sleeping differently...

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue May 11, 2010 7:48 pm

When I swopped from fitted's with a wrap to minki pocket night nappies, ds's sleep improved dramatically. :hug:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue May 11, 2010 7:50 pm

We're in sposies for a similar reason but as Steph mentioned I did find that fleece liners made a massive difference as to whether Oz was comfortable or not. If any of the nappy was direct on the skin Oz would wake a lot. We cut out very large ones to use at night.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Tue May 11, 2010 7:51 pm

I can't put my finger on what the problem is with Kerr, but it's not wetness. He's not a very heavy wetter and an itti can last him all night without leaking, he just cannot sleep in a cloth nappy and I have tried a few different ones.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat