hf1

Possibly a strange question - cloth and sleeping

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Possibly a strange question - cloth and sleeping

Postby JabberJabber » Tue May 11, 2010 7:55 pm

We only have 2 dedicated night nappies. I don't find any difference in his sleep whether in cloth or not. We only use PUL but have to make sure it's not too tight as to leave any marks.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Now I think about it Tylers not so good sleeping has only been since he started wearing cloth overnight - I do use fleece liners but perhaps I need to make some extra big ones for his night nappies! Does it matter if the liner is bigger than the nappy, ie sticking out of the sides?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Makes no difference whatsoever to Rhys (but then very little does, he's the easiest going child in existence :giggle: ), he sleeps through in cloth and slept though in dispos when we were on holiday recently.

My avatar
Hayley1984
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Hayley1984 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Try a pocket. Madison won't sleep with a 2 part nappy on, ever! Pockets, she is fine. I use stinki Minki with a hemp/mf insert.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue May 11, 2010 8:15 pm

I wonder if it makes a difference having been in cloth at night from birth...
I guess if they're a fussy sleeper and have had a disp on more often then while they're still in the fussy sleep stage they might find it more comfortable...

That said Grace is a front sleeper (well side too now) which may also make a difference perhaps the weeble bum effect is lessened :giggle:

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 pm

We use fleece liners that stick out of the side as DD reacts to anything that rubs on her skin.

It might be an idea to try different stay dry liners as it might be the feel of the nappy that she doesn't like. DD is a front sleeper too, so I don't know whether that does make a difference!

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Tue May 11, 2010 8:24 pm

I've no idea Steph, my girls were all great sleepers from very early on and they were all in terry squares. No idea why Kerr wakes up at night in cloth.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 pm

maybe its not to do with the nappy? dan sleeps fine in cloth and he was a sposie newborn. mind you, he'd still sleep if an elephant sat on his head! he sleeps on his back and his night nappies are huge!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Tue May 11, 2010 9:15 pm

I use the Little Lamb liners which are fairly big - they ok? Oh and she is a front sleeper too.

Hayley I have a Minki so I might give that a go. Just wasn't sure if a pocket would hold out long enough for night time!

Rach x

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat