Possibly a strange question - cloth and sleeping

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Possibly a strange question - cloth and sleeping

Postby rachymoo » Wed May 12, 2010 11:13 am

Miss_Purple wrote:
rachymoo wrote:Well last night was same again :( she went to bed in a Little Lamb, about 11pm the crying started, I was getting up to her every 5 minutes, Then in the end she did a poo (which she never normally does at night, weird!) so I changed her and put a sposie on :oops: and she slept all night. Arrrgh. I don't want to have to keep buying disposables, I wanted her to be in cloth full time, but then I need sleep too, I have to be up for work 4 mornings a week! Just don't know what to do..

Rach x

tbh that sounds like it was needing a poo that was waking her up. she might have slept all night in cloth after that too :-?
Is it possible that you are doing up the cloth nappies more tightly than the sposies so she can't move around as much and having a poo is more difficult?

I thought that could be it but then it doesn't explain why she doesn't sleep in cloth any other night either? (as she doesn't normally poo at night but last night was a one off).

I haven't tried fleece yet, only have one fleece wrap at the mo (but going to get more when I've got some money) the rest are PUL, I might give fleece a go then. She doesn't actually have a rash or any digging in marks or anything though so i didn't think it would be because the cloth was irritating her, iykwim?

I wonder if it is that it's so much bulkier than sposies - she has a seriously massive bum when she goes to bed (fitted nappy, 2 extra inserts, fleece liner and wrap). Are dedicated night nappies a lot slimmer? I don't have any yet but I'm waiting on a WNNN, that will probably be a couple of weeks yet though. Do you need to boost WNNN or do they already have enough inserts/boosters in? I need to get some other night nappies to try out don't I - just so short of funds at the mo. Might have to sell some of my pretty nappies :cry:

Rach xx

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:46 pm

ds (2) sleeps wearing a huge night nappy, no probs, but dd (6months) sleeps better in a boosted flip than a wnnn and a wrap - I think it's because it comes down lower and she can move/roll over more.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed May 12, 2010 2:28 pm

I find when Kaydi wears a disposable at night she always wakes.
I've had many different types of night nappy. I now have quite a few weenotions with minkee inners, they work like a dream :giggle:

I think it's just a case of finding what's right for you.
My inital reply was going to ask if you were using fleece linners. I do agree wool of fleece might help too.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu May 13, 2010 10:20 am

We've had bad nights and as a last resort changed her into a disposable, and it's still been a good 30-45 minutes before she has gone back to sleep and then waking anyway during the rest of the night. We don't change her into a sposie anymore when we have those nights cause I don't feel it makes any difference, she comes into our bed with us instead :roll: :giggle:

We used dedicated night nappies, mainly bedbugs and a couple of others - Puddlekins silent night is one of our favourites!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 13, 2010 11:16 am

rachymoo wrote:Well last night was same again :( she went to bed in a Little Lamb, about 11pm the crying started, I was getting up to her every 5 minutes, Then in the end she did a poo (which she never normally does at night, weird!) so I changed her and put a sposie on :oops: and she slept all night. Arrrgh. I don't want to have to keep buying disposables, I wanted her to be in cloth full time, but then I need sleep too, I have to be up for work 4 mornings a week! Just don't know what to do..

Rach x

If she needed a poo then regardless of cloth or dips she still would have needed to go ;)

Whoops cross posted there

Puddlekins are quite slim for the absorbency at night...

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu May 13, 2010 11:24 am

Thats one thing though about boosting... when we first started using cloth at night I became a bit of a Hitler cause I was really scared about leaks. I was using hemp, bamboo, cotton terry, liner in one nappy (and the nappy inners!!!) and she was so huge I could barely lift her in the night :shock: I've calmed down now and just use the inserts that come with the nappy and either a Puddlekins bamboo booster or a bamboo wipe folded in half at the bottom and fleece liner on top. Though she still wakes frequently, I doubt she would have been very comfortable with all that under her :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 13, 2010 11:26 am

Do you place the boosters inside the nappy - or between the nappy and wrap...

Not that it would make much difference...

My avatar
Mum20
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mum20 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:28 pm

I've never noticed a difference with Ethans sleeping if he has a disposable (DH sneeks a disposable on sometimes too if he gets ethan dressed for bed after a bath, or I'll put one on if he's starting to get a rash) or a real nappy on at night (I use MEOS at night -boosted + pul wrap).

Maybe it could just be a phase? Ethan has had quite a few restless night over the past few weeks or so which is not like him at all, he hasn't got up in the night since he was 5 or 6 weeks old (he's always had 1 bf in the night but just stirs for that and doesn't wake fully, neither do I!) expept the few times he's been ill or had bad wind.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat