hf1

Done the unthinkable!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Done the unthinkable!

Postby tiyuricc » Wed May 12, 2010 6:53 am

Don't worry about getting sposies - you need to do what is going to make your trip easiest. As for the heat - people all around the world use sposies, and their kiddies don't get too hot, so I'm sure yours will be fine too. The nature care ones are less plasticy than the others anyway imo. I used to use them in the daytime for oscar before we switched to cloth. Never trusted them overnight though, but don't think we ever tried it, I just went straight for the ones that said stay dry for 12 hours.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 12, 2010 7:02 am

We have used sposies overnight, we do find that they accasionally leak (more than a WNNN) but that could just be the way K pee's? We use pampers if we use a sposie.

Have a lovely lovely time, we could have been out there at the same time as my cousin gets married out there in 2 weeks!! But hubby and I arnt going :( the rest of my family are though! (well there is about 60 going!)

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Wed May 12, 2010 8:09 am

I use disposables overnight it's the only way to get a nights sleep in our house. I didn't like the nature baby care ones sorry - we use the tesco own brand and they're great. The nature ones didn't keep him that dry his bum was more clammy than in any cloth or other nappy.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 am

ooh Tesco own brand ones are good, we used them on Kieran, Anna and Gracie before she was full time in cloth, pampers were pants, my best friend uses them and she has had so many burst on her, yuck, huggies are remotely better, we found Tescos ones to be one of the softest and never had one burst x

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:41 am

Don't feel guilty hun, its your holiday too and I certainly wouldn't be having fun if I was handwashing nappies and worrying about getting the stink out of them.

When we use dispos (which is overnight quite a lot at the moment :oops: ) we use Tesco essentials (£3 odd a pack) and Imogen is a heavy wetter. Even if she has a 6oz bottle at bedtime and a 6oz bottle in the night they are fine and I don't find them sweaty at all. Much better than huggies and pampers in my (limited) dispo experience.

Enjoy your holiday hun, I can't wait for mine. Am undecided about cloth or not :-? we have a washer etc BUT worried about luggage allowance and spending my holiday washing!! Might take a bit of both.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 am

sposies on holiday is perfectly acceptable.. When we uhave used sposies in the past I have bought them from Aldi. They are really good and about £5 for a pack of 50+ so reasonably priced too

Jan x

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed May 12, 2010 10:17 am

you could always put a wrap,fleece or wool over the sposie if you are worried about leaks

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed May 12, 2010 12:51 pm

You know what? It isn't unthinkable at all. Totally what I would do. You totally deserve to be able to enjoy your holiday and not spend it washing nappies. Just think how much more you will appreciate your cloth when you get back :D

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed May 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Don't worry you shouldn't feel guilty - why make life harder for yourself? You want to enjoy yourself without worrying about endless loads of washing! And you'll appreciate your cloth so much more when you get back :wink:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat