little lamb sizing

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

little lamb sizing

Postby little1 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi Ladies,

DD is 16wks and about 14lb, she has been in LL size 1's since 4wks old, i've noticed the last week that although they have have lots of room to spare on the waist, the rise is really low and she has got a proper builders bum! :oops: I thought they were supposed to fit until 9 months??

i tried a size 2 totbots i had in the cupboard and thats too big on the waist for her, i believe LL and TB sizings are the same so any ideas what i do in the meantime. Do i:

A: leave her with a builders bum (under wool anyway and seem absorbant enough)
B: buy some size 2 LL's to try anyway
C: any suggestions on size 1 nappys that have a higher rise, or size 2s with smaller waists (must be bamboo fitteds)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: little lamb sizing

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 11, 2010 11:28 pm

As as far as I remember the tabs on LL's can be crossed over so the size 2 would probably be ok that way x

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:41 pm

ooh your being so helpful tonight, i didn't think of that, i'll have to go in search of some size 2's in the classifieds now.

still think its strange that she's outgrown them already tho, she's average weight and length for her age, i thought i'd get a couple more months out of them :(

DH is not gonna be happy when yet more fluff arrives, think i'll have to make a deal with the postman to leave (hide) all parcels in the garage from now on :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 12, 2010 7:04 am

Yes my son outgrew his size 1's at about 16 weeks...they got waaaaay to low in the rise for him and we moved into a size 2...the size 2 may be a bit more bulky on your LO to start with but they were fine on Kieren :)

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed May 12, 2010 7:28 am

Yep the tabs can be crossed over on LLs so you should be fine with size 2s :) also you could try a Nature Babies Lovable nappy? Their size 2 can be used as a birth to potty apparently so I'm sure you'd be ok with that. Rach x

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed May 12, 2010 10:23 am

or if you see any cheap size waist tots bots you can nippa the waist

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed May 12, 2010 11:30 am

little1 wrote:Hi Ladies,

DD is 16wks and about 14lb, she has been in LL size 1's since 4wks old, i've noticed the last week that although they have have lots of room to spare on the waist, the rise is really low and she has got a proper builders bum! :oops: I thought they were supposed to fit until 9 months??

i tried a size 2 totbots i had in the cupboard and thats too big on the waist for her, i believe LL and TB sizings are the same so any ideas what i do in the meantime. Do i:

A: leave her with a builders bum (under wool anyway and seem absorbant enough)
B: buy some size 2 LL's to try anyway
C: any suggestions on size 1 nappys that have a higher rise, or size 2s with smaller waists (must be bamboo fitteds)

Rufus is the same with his LL and the TB's are heading that way too. The LL are definately smaller, I can only just get them around him & the rise is super low, he is very long though & heading for 17lb at 14 weeks!

I can recommend the Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretchy, we have a couple in Sz2 and they are fab, they are bulky at the minute but I can see they'll last & last as they have rise poppers too, they are so soft & silky too :D

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Wed May 12, 2010 1:21 pm

I find little lambs much lower in the rise than tots bots. My son has just turned 2 and is tall for his age. He comfortably wears size 2 tots bots but the little lambs are too low in the rise although plenty big round the waist.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed May 12, 2010 7:09 pm

I've never had a problem with them & find the rise fine. Dd is average height but tiny everywhere else so maybe that makes a difference

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat