Aaarrg im really getting frustrated!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Aaarrg im really getting frustrated!

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Im really having issues with our cloth atm :(

Datyime we use fitteds and wool only, its been fine but on and off rashes for many months now, i stopped using cloth wipes and switched back to sposie wipes and that sorted the problem for a while but now Kieren has a red raw bum again...we have tried fleece liners and minkee liners, we have also tried no liners... I change him every 2-3 hours during the day (unless he is sore and then i make it every 1.5-2 hours...

I started using the cloth wipes a little while ago and so maybe thats contributed to the rash again...

Nighttime is also a nightmare again, we were getting on really well with WNNN's and i had three so we were using them and also using sposies and that was fine, I have since gathered enough night nappies and so we have been using them full time again and he has the rash back again? :x

he is teething so I know that could be contributing but it seems that whenever i put him into cloth 'full time' as in night and day we get rashes back again...

He is in a sposie tonight, he screamed as i was changing him for bed and i sat him in the bath in the end rather than wiping him with wipes as he was just si upset...i dried him off with some cornflour to make sure he was all dry and then put some greenbaby nappy balm on...

When i say rash, i mean bottom, front bits, roound his tummy...the works :(

I have stripped all the nappies, tried fleece, tried minkee, avoided PUL at all costs, i was at 60c and double rinse...

I just feel like :x We never had any of these issues with Megan...

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Aaarrg im really getting frustrated!

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed May 12, 2010 6:33 pm

no advice sorry, but just wanted to :hug: - it must be maddening. Could he be allergic to a particular fabric do you think? or have you tried all different ones? Minkee and fleece are polyester aren't they? do they let the skin breathe as well as cotton or bamboo?

Sorry I can't help more :(

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Wed May 12, 2010 6:34 pm

its not thrush is it? worth checking if it is it wont just go away on its own

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed May 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Aw poor Kieren :hug:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed May 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Have you tried soaking a fleece liner in cammomile tea and honey? Lachie had weeping burn like sores all over his botbot and by the morning they were clear. But maybe if you used it all the time it might help?

Other than that or free willy time I have no idea but lots of (can't find a smilie for 'ouchy ouchy')!

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Wed May 12, 2010 6:38 pm

not sure if it would work but if you have wooden floors you could leave him without a nappy for a few hours? fin is only in a nappy probably less than half the day if we're home all day and then i change him every hour. i think fresh air does the trick for us and also silk liners. hope it gets better soon :)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed May 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Have you tried paper liners at all? I have some reusable liners here that are polyester but not like fleece iyswim. You are welcome to try them if you like (they are brand new, never got round to stocking them in the shop). When you were using the washable wipes, did you use anything on them or just plain water?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:Other than that or free willy time I have no idea but lots of (can't find a smilie for 'ouchy ouchy')!
I was wondering how the film might help until it clicked :giggle: :giggle:

:hug: :hug: :hug: it sounds like you have tried lots, but I hope something works for you soon.

Kate x

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Wed May 12, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm going to see if I can nick some raw silk from my mum (I know she has a load stashed away) as Martha has terrible nappy rash at the moment. Do you want me to get some for you too? It's supposed to help but silk liners are usually pricy. I can cut you some liners and send them to you, for nought obviously, if you'd like to try them.... :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat