hf1

Aaarrg im really getting frustrated!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Aaarrg im really getting frustrated!

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Thanks for that steph, i will look into it, im just sooooo fed up of spending money on things that dont work/cause rashes :( I want K to be in cloth full time including cloth wipes and i feel like im going against the tide atm...

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed May 12, 2010 8:48 pm

If you want to pm me your address I've got loads of things here I could send you to try.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:38 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: hun :(

I know this will go against the grain of a clothie lol but if you need to use disposable wipes and sposies at night in order to keep keiran rash free then so be it.

I dont use cloth wipes , tried a while ago but never really got into it , so we use simple wipes. Ive not had to give up cloth at night for a particular reason but on the odd occasion when ive had no nn dry etc ive used one. Yes it makes you feel guilty but keirans comfort/happiness is worth it.

Dont feel guilty or 'bad' hun , alot of others may have given up altogther by now :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Have you tried using no liner at all? I thought nathan would hate it but dh put a night nappy on without a fleece liner (i obv forgot to put one in) and nathan slept fine and was less sore the next day than he had been the night before.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu May 13, 2010 10:04 am

:hug: hope u manage to sort it out soon

My avatar
emilymiller
Clothie
Clothie

Postby emilymiller » Thu May 13, 2010 10:47 am

Could it be your washing powder or something you use in the wash? Sometimes the wee reacts with the washing powder and causes rashes - I had to change washing stuff when Ruairi was a baby because he had the same, and recently I tried soda crystals in a few washes, and he literally had a nappy sized/shaped red rash over the whole of his front and bottom (not the back - the back is hardly wet normally). I stopped using the soda crystals and the redness went away.

I've heard that putting a layer of sudocream and a layer of vaseline over the top really helps combat nappy rash - one to heal and one to act as a barrier. A good tip for using creams like this is to put a reuseable wipe underneath the usual liner where the cream is, which stops it getting on to the nappy. I always do this when Ruairi's bum is red, cos I can slap on as much cream as needed.

RE the cloth wipes... have you tried using them with baby lotion? I find this works brilliantly on Ruairi, who has tendencies to get red when he's teething or has eaten something that doesn't agree with him. The lotion slides over his red bits and hurts him less. Also cleans him properly. I tried making my own solution and shop bought cleansing water, but they don't clean well, leave the skin sticky and end up making him red.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu May 13, 2010 11:03 am

Mum says I can nick some silk! :wine: Let me know......

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu May 13, 2010 5:27 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

lazylexis wrote:Have you tried using no liner at all? I thought nathan would hate it but dh put a night nappy on without a fleece liner (i obv forgot to put one in) and nathan slept fine and was less sore the next day than he had been the night before.

That's what I was wondering too - do you use liners during the day, and if so always or only sometimes (hence maybe the on and off rashes)? It's not something I see talked about too often on the UK forums but people over here are always going on about their LOs being allergic to fleece and suedecloth, or anything synthetic. If that were the case, totally minkee-lined WNNNs would be really bad, as would trying to cover all the area of an OBV-inner NN with fleece liners. Lili has no problem with OBV during the day but absolutely has to have a fleece or minkee liner in at night; you might also find that Kieren is OK during the day but won't support it overnight, in which case (unless the silk works!) it may turn out that you just can't use cloth overnight.

Anyway, I'm sure you've thought of that, but it was all I had to offer :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue May 18, 2010 5:51 pm

How are things now Tory? Any improvement?

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat