hf1

Nappies and backpack carriers

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Nappies and backpack carriers

Postby Fayesmum » Thu May 13, 2010 9:28 am

Dh wants to take Faye out for the day during this walk with his dad & brother. She'll be on his back, in the backpack we've got. Do I boost her nappies more than I would to stop compression wicking? I don't boost at all during the day, just use the inners that come with the nappy and a liner. He's suggested he uses disposables so he isn't carrying wet nappies, but I don't see how that would make any difference since they're walking off road, he won't be coming across bins to put them in.

Hes hoping to take her on the last day if its not raining, the last leg isn't too far and I'll be picking them both up so can always take a nappy with me and change her in the car

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Nappies and backpack carriers

Postby sjm » Thu May 13, 2010 9:35 am

Which nappies are they. maybe add a small extra booster and make sure she is changed as often as usual
Sarah

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 am

We have a mix of WN northern lights, goodmamas, bubebe (sp), Flutterby. The WN are bamboo inners

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 am

I would go with Bamboo as they will last better for absorbancy

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 am

What about wearing wool over the nappies? We find that T gets terrible wicking from his jumperoo (obviously!), but in wool he is fine xx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu May 13, 2010 9:50 am

toryuk wrote:What about wearing wool over the nappies? We find that T gets terrible wicking from his jumperoo (obviously!), but in wool he is fine xx

That may help but there is a possibility that wicking will be worse with wool if they are still for long periods of time. Unless I used two layers (so a wool soaker and a skirtie)when Katie was in the sling for long periods if time I would get a wet back. :puke:.

I would use your most absorbent nappies with a small booster. Or maybe even a pocket with wool or fleece over the top?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu May 13, 2010 9:57 am

i'd deffo use a wool soaker and longies

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Thu May 13, 2010 9:59 am

Pockets and fleece work for us :mrgreen:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu May 13, 2010 10:05 am

Ok thanks :wink: I would have thought wool would make things worse like Louise said? I can send her in her longies and she has loose fitting jogging bottom type trousers that I could get a soaker under.... Would a good combo be to use WNNL and wool? I have some puddlekins bamboo boosters as well, that I could pop in

ETA I only have 3 pockets, so would have to send something else.... Also have babybehinds that could work, they do well at lunch time for her sleep, virtually dry on the outside when I take them off 2.5 hrs later

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat