hf1

I have itchy feet...

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: I have itchy feet...

Postby freyasmummy » Thu May 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Tory what size does Kieran need? I have a L front-snapping Fuzbaby felted wrap and a sidesnapping Holdens landing stretch interlock wrap waiting to be grown into, you would be welcome to borrow them to see how they works for you.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Thu May 13, 2010 7:10 pm

I have been thinking about switching Oz over more to normal clothes lately but I always found pockets leaked more with normal clothes than fitteds with wraps. I made a load of fleece soakers and they fit fine under his normal clothes but I do need to change him a little more frequently than PUL but it also depends on the clothes. Jeans I find seem to squash the nappy more so it leaks through.

It's a shame they don't make PUL wraps but with fleece edges so you wouldn't get the red marks.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu May 13, 2010 8:06 pm

freckle wrote:I have been thinking about switching Oz over more to normal clothes lately but I always found pockets leaked more with normal clothes than fitteds with wraps. I made a load of fleece soakers and they fit fine under his normal clothes but I do need to change him a little more frequently than PUL but it also depends on the clothes. Jeans I find seem to squash the nappy more so it leaks through.

It's a shame they don't make PUL wraps but with fleece edges so you wouldn't get the red marks.

They do! Shorty-style wraps. When Lili was smaller practically all we used were Lovebums, they were fab (nicer than the Stacinator So Simple wraps and more adjustable), fit fine under clothes and very kind to chubby thighs. Sadly I don't think they're making them any more, and this style of wrap doesn't seem to have caught on in the UK yet. It's all the rage in France though :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri May 14, 2010 7:11 am

freyasmummy wrote:Tory what size does Kieran need? I have a L front-snapping Fuzbaby felted wrap and a sidesnapping Holdens landing stretch interlock wrap waiting to be grown into, you would be welcome to borrow them to see how they works for you.

Wil pm you :)

Thanks everyone, well i tried the pul wrap yesterday it as i thought it marked his thighs something rotten within about an hour...so im ditching pul for good...

I have an interlock soaker on the way from lush tush, a fleeece soaker that Rachel made K, a swaddlebees wool wrap coming from baby kind so we will see :)

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Fri May 14, 2010 7:13 am

I love Pockets but we have pul issues here too :roll:
but we get on fine with wool interlock under clothes we have a wrap and a soaker Jeans are the only problem just need a bigger fit everything else is fine :D

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Fri May 14, 2010 3:53 pm

What about a puddlekins ss wool wrap? http://www.puddlekins.com/shop/product. ... roduct=293 Ems is closed at the mo but opening very soon, you could have it dyed to your choice of colour too :D
I had a sw wrap but found the large was on the small size and DD was a heavy wetter, so it didn't matter how much I lanilosised (sp?) it wasn't leakproof for us :(

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: I have itchy feet... UPDATED.

Postby megansmummy » Sat May 15, 2010 9:23 pm

I love the look of the puddlekins side snap wraps but they are a little out of my price range atm :(

well i got the last two large swaddlebees front fastening wool wraps from baby kind and they are GREAT! (well one has arrived and one is still to get here) they fit sooo well :shock: I am loving them and so glad i decided to try them out...its in lanolin now :wink: fits fine over a large DnF :mrgreen:

I also got another fleece soaker, a pumpkin pants one and its great, so cute on kieren :wine:

I also have been trying out some BG's that i was leant and they are fabby too...K doesnt seem to get rashy in them either which i was worried about. Not sure i can afford a load of BG's to add to the stash but i might get some coolababy again...dont know...i still love my fitteds :giggle:

So now apart from longies/shorties etc we have#

2 wool swaddlebees wraps
1 interlock lush tush soaker
1 mummy knitted soaker
2 fleece soakers

so i think we are good to wear normal clothes now! :wine: just need to buy some more :giggle:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Yay glad the bg's are working ok for you hun. (Just to echo...we use fleece soakers here but only at night over ethans wnnn and i love them. I make my own and my own flongies too. Ps...the bg's are v2 ones hun...you can pick them up dirt cheap on the classifieds ..just keep your eyes open for them :) x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat