hf1

just a little newbie advice needed please!!

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: just a little newbie advice needed please!!

Postby little1 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:59 pm

The magazine page does not say anything about sending it in so i'm sure they can't expect everyone to know to look at the website as well. They therefore cannot refuse to send you the nappy.

My avatar
c0me0nbishbosh
Clothie
Clothie

Postby c0me0nbishbosh » Thu May 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi Stacey,

Congrats! How wonderful. My sister has twins and they are fab.

I'm fairly new to cloth, and have just one 4 month old, so I'm not as experienced as many on here. Obviously I don't know what your situation is re help and money, but assuming with twins both might be an issue, this would be my thinking.
+ research now! So you've got your head round some of the options before you have the twins. This forum is great, I also find the one on Mumsnet helpful, and also some of the online shops have excellent guides (i.e. fill your pants, twinkle twinkle, cheeks and cherries).
+ aim to use disposables for the first three months. You will be v. tired, you want as many people to be able to help you nappy change as possible without giving instructions, and your girls will be small so probably won't fit birth to potty nappies well. If you feel up for changing to cloth earlier than three months then great, but probably better that than starting all eager and then finding it too much. I also think it would be quite expensive to buy newborn sized nappies when you are dealing with two babies... of course you can sell on etc etc, but you will be busy.
+ Reusable wipes are great, and I would ask for them as a present from someone. The cheekywipes full set with one extra pack of wipes should do you, and since they go in with the normal washing it's really no extra work and they are fab.
+ Obviously there are a range of different nappies that might be good for you, so trial some second hand or get a trial pack. Must admit I find the bumgenious flips great, and cost effective because you only have to change the wraps when dirty rather than when just wet. Essentially if you think you need about 15-20 nappies per baby you just buy that number of inserts, and about a third that number of wraps (this will make sense when you see the nappies! They are a 2 in 1 type, and birth to potty). Also not too bulky on small babies and not too bulky to carry round with you when out and about. The main downside is that there don't seem to be many available second hand as they are quite newly released.

hope that helps! Have fun!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu May 27, 2010 7:22 pm

I dont think necessarily 'aim' to use disposables for the first 3 months - you never know, you might find that cloth from the start works really well! True, it's not for everyone and some people do find it a bit much at the start but you never know - I would start stocking up on cloth nappies now but have an emergency supply of disposables just in case, lol x

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Twinmamma » Fri May 28, 2010 1:31 pm

rachymoo wrote:I dont think necessarily 'aim' to use disposables for the first 3 months - you never know, you might find that cloth from the start works really well! True, it's not for everyone and some people do find it a bit much at the start but you never know - I would start stocking up on cloth nappies now but have an emergency supply of disposables just in case, lol x

WSS :D

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat