hf1

Best nappy for a newborn!

My avatar
Hayley1984
Clothie
Clothie

Best nappy for a newborn!

Postby Hayley1984 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:20 am

We are TTC atm and are hoping to be pg very soon. We have been waiting 15 months so far and are due to start Clomid at the end of the month. My youngest is so ready for potty training but i am holding off until it gets a bit warmer. Anyways, i thought i would turn my attention to starting to get a stash ready *just thinking for now* for the next one. We haven't used cloth from birth before but as a nappy agent i always suggest prefold and diddy's from birth (as have heard many success stories about them and never had a customer return them). However, i am limited to what i can recommend as i work for a nappy company so out of my safety box i am a bit lost as to what i personally could use. I will defo getting some diddy's and prefolds but what others would you recommend? We all know babies need loads of nappies (mine did anyways lol) and i want to wash once weekly so my stash will be huge :wink: so recommend as many as you like? Not bothered about colours or fancy nappies for newborns as have many BTP's already and plenty of time to get the funky nappies out and worn. I just want a practical, quick drying soft nappy.

Thanks in advance :D

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Best nappy for a newborn!

Postby weefywoo » Sat May 15, 2010 10:25 am

I've asked this and also some others .... I'm going to use XS & S sandies for the 1st few months depending on size of baby :giggle:

Here are some links to the other threads :D
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43155&p=493207&hilit=newborn#p493207
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42903&hilit=newborn
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37986&p=428144&hilit=newborn#p428144

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Sat May 15, 2010 11:52 am

Are you just after recommendations for fitteds, or pockets etc too?

I actually didn't rate my diddy that much - DS was 10lb 12oz born and it didn't fit well, whereas other smalls have fitted much better.

I loved our XS Sandys, also size 1 cotton nippa tots - don't even know if you can get these new any more but I'd recommend them, we got a lovely fit and used the nippa to pull the centre of the nappy down away from the umbilical cord.

I know they are 'fancy' but I also love our newborn Muttaqins, and they still fit him (he must be somewhere around 12lb now).

I'm also loving BG OS, popperd down, and BG small AIOs. Small Ittis are brill for the early days as they are low rise and don't rub on the umbilical cord.

I am also loving bamboo terries, Jo folded!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sat May 15, 2010 11:56 am

Ooh I didn't know you were starting Clomid soon, good luck hun.

I am the same LOL - I'm not even pg yet and I keep being tempted by tiny nappies! :giggle: I think I am just going to get a load os XS Motherease Sandys and some size 1 Little Lambs, as I love both, having tried them out on Lilly. With the Little Lambs, I think I'll get a few bamboos but mostly microfibre as the bamboos take FOREVER to dry, and I remember how often newborns need changing - I'd probably end up running out! I like the microfibre ones as they're so fluffy and come out of the washing machine nearly dry xx

My avatar
Hayley1984
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Hayley1984 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

Rach - Yep. Nervous but excited lol x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat May 15, 2010 12:24 pm

There are loads of newborn nappies on hyenacart. They are really cute if you want to treat yourself.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sat May 15, 2010 12:29 pm

I actually found easiest on a NB were terry squares, folded in a Jo fold I think it was, not that scary really, as they dry quickly and don't take much space :wink:
But I will be getting some LittleLambs this time as I know lots of people like those and I have some size one Tots I got when Missy was about 4 months old, all be it ones that have been dyed pink, so not really good if I have a boy, but I'll still use them :giggle: And I'm sure I'll have some 'pretty' NB fluff too as I can't help myself :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat May 15, 2010 5:51 pm

I used xs thirsties, xs sandies, diddy diapers (which i didnt like either) size 0 kissaluvs, bamboo lovables and preemie prefolds :)

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat May 15, 2010 6:27 pm

megansmummy wrote:I used xs thirsties, xs sandies, diddy diapers (which i didnt like either) size 0 kissaluvs, bamboo lovables and preemie prefolds :)

What are the Bamboo loveables like?? Ive always wanted one for Imogen but they were not pretty enough :oops: I may get one for bump

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat