hf1

Problem with Wee Notions coming undone?!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Problem with Wee Notions coming undone?!

Postby rachymoo » Sat May 15, 2010 5:37 pm

I recently bought a Wee Notions custom AI2, was really pleased with it when it arrived, today is only the second time Lilly has worn it and I have lost count of the times I've noticed it's come undone and hanging off (she has been running round in just a t-shirt and nappy most of today), so I've had to lie her down and do it up again!

Has anyone else had this problem? I am a bit :( now as apart from that I LOVE it and I don't know what to do now. I think one of the poppers might be a bit dodgy anyway as it won't do up, I thought I could put up with that and just not use that one, but now the nappy just won't stay done up! What do I do??

Rach xx

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Problem with Wee Notions coming undone?!

Postby happytails » Sat May 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Is it too tight?

If you think there is a dodgy popper speak to suzanne, she is fab at sorting things out like this :wink:

Sarah x

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Sat May 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Sounds like the poppers might need re-pressed. I've got lots of Wee Notions and never had a problem, but I have a Dunk n Fluff nappy with the same problem with the poppers. You could contact Suzanne and ask if she can do it for you :)

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sat May 15, 2010 5:51 pm

does the one that keeps coming undone seem loose? Can you pull it apart easier? If so I would just contact them and I am sure they would replace the snaps. Everyone says they have excellent customer service :wink:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat May 15, 2010 7:47 pm

WTS... Are you sure your LO isn't undoing the snaps, though? They're supposed to be harder for LOs to get off than velcro but Lili never had the slightest problem :giggle:

I can usually fix loose poppers myself (actually, I get my OH to do it :oops:), you can usually see that it's a little malformed or that the bit in the centre comes up a little too high (depending whether it's a "male" or "female" bit that's causing the problem) and scrape away a bit of the plastic with a small knife. You can figure out which one's the culprit by trying all the possible snap combos. If you don't want to muck about with the poppers though, Suzanne or one of the other lovely WAHMs on here can definitely fix it for you :wink:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Sat May 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Scotia wrote:Sounds like the poppers might need re-pressed. I've got lots of Wee Notions and never had a problem, but I have a Dunk n Fluff nappy with the same problem with the poppers. You could contact Suzanne and ask if she can do it for you :)

Ooooo... my one and only FnS has dodgy snaps too! I just get the wool on REALLY quickly! :giggle:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sat May 15, 2010 8:09 pm

I dont use the popper that seems dodgy, and the others seem fine (they seem pretty firmly closed, doesnt seem like she'd be able to undo it anyway?). I've not seen her undoing it herself and she cant undo other poppered nappies either. I wonder if it's because she didn't have clothes on over it, the first time she wore it she did have clothes on (lol) and it was ok. I want her to be able to have clothes free time though :(

Also, she's worn a WN pocket a few times, they have the same fastenings as the AI2s dont they? And that's always been OK. Think I will email WN and see what they say, maybe it's because that one dodgy popper needs fixing, as ideally I would use that popper to get the best fit I think.

Sorry for babbling, hope I've made sense! x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat