hf1

suddenly problems with my bg flips!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: suddenly problems with my bg flips!

Postby monsterm » Sun May 16, 2010 9:59 pm

I use my bold 2in1 powder when washing the nappies. Do you wash your nappies in bold 2 in 1? It is the only fabric conditioner that can be used on nappies because it is clay based.
I use Bold 2 in 1 to strip my nappies. It has to be the powder though, not the liquid

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Mon May 17, 2010 8:45 am

ooh so glad you said that because i use persil non bio on my nappies, just stripped them but with non bio? will use bold 2in1 in future!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon May 17, 2010 9:12 am

Glad to be of help :D

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Wed May 19, 2010 5:42 pm

still leaking after the stripping :( i got a very wet leg today and it had only been on an hr! it was wet but i would say could hold much more,it wasnt like his night time ones! i tried boosting with bamboo but still leaked after 2 hrs, im ready for giving up! :cry: :x help me someone!! :|

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed May 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Which type of insert are you using? I normally use the stay dry but I think the organic is more absorbent.

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Wed May 19, 2010 9:38 pm

im using stay dry, i dont like the idea of the wet feel on his skin! i tried fitteds but wasnt keen so im back to my bgs, i love the idea of reusing the wrap....meant to say it always seems to be on his right side either front or back :-? but when i put it on im checking it v v v well!??

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:34 pm

i use a hemp little weeds prefold with a newborn BG MF insert in my flip covers instead of the staydry insert as we were getting leaks, works really well and still slim fitting. I've got one spare if u want to try, i'd say if this combo leaks it may well be a fit issue.

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Thu May 20, 2010 7:47 am

well hes got a sposie on this morning as going out and i dont want leaks! :cry: :cry: :cry: i think i know why im getting leaks....hes started trying to crawell and hes always got one leg behind him(abit like the splits!)this might be it?!its shifting his nappy causing a gap,if this is the case ive no idea what to do!!! i have some hemparoo inserts which i use at night with the bg staydry and we get no leaks! but this is a bit big dor day time so i miht try one of those with a bg newborn?!
xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat