Interlock....

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Interlock....

Postby HighlandMum » Sun May 16, 2010 10:13 pm

We dont have any interlock in our stash and im getting itchy fingers :giggle:

You use it as you would wool or fleece is that correct?

Point me in the direction of some yummyness ladies :twisted:

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Interlock....

Postby Soozi » Sun May 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Yes use interlock as you would wool/fleece - very easy to look after and another woolly world to enter

what are you looking for? fabric (lls or me )or ready made clothing (lls, snugglebots and i am doing testers currently for shorts/ longies and soakers)

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sun May 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Depends whether you want lycra blend or 100% merino. That's really your options. Both have their advantages and it's really down to personal preference as to which you prefer.

You use wool interlock practically the same way you would knitted wool, except lycra blend you can normally wash in the machine on a gentle wool wash at 30 or 40C as it won't continue to shrink. It's good on CSP for that reason as it won't continually warp with washing.

100% merino has all the purity you'd expect from just merino. I'd look for wool interlock that's Okeo Tek certified and meets CSPIA regulations or similar standards. I think at a push I prefer 100%, but then lycra blend is quite good for longies and soakers too, soakers especially, because of the stretch and fabric's memory for shape and the ease for washing - you don't have to be so careful with garment washing care with the blend. 100% merino will mis-shape and tend to pile same way merino handspun or yarn would tend to, just because of the fibre type and short staple. if you've got your 100% merino longes or crops, imagine that softness in wool fabric form. :) Lycra blend doesn't take dye quite so well in my experience, you can see the lycra in the fabric, but in terms of function and material they both have their merits. I lanolise, handwash, spin in the washing machine and leave to dry flat preferably. Dead easy. Only risk with 100% is they get thrown in a normal wash by mistake, but same with your knitted woolies.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon May 17, 2010 5:43 am

I just had a gorgeous tester soaker for lush tush and its really lovely :) im very pleased with it! Will deffinatly be back for more :)

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Mon May 17, 2010 8:25 am

id be interested in testing some interlock :hohoho:

what would i have to do?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 am

Im definately after some ready made :) Tory i did see your tester soaker on fb it was lovely :) Will you be after more testers Suzanne?

I think going by what you have said the 100% sounds better Beth, that way all my wool would be treated the same so no mix ups hopefully.

Will have a look on both sites now :)

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Mon May 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Oooh, whassat now, testers for interlock soakers? Need a small one?!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 17, 2010 12:59 pm

I find that interlock lycra blend is more reliable - but either way I love them both :lol:

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Mon May 17, 2010 2:01 pm

i have pm'd all that heard the word 'tester' :wink: :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat