Postby gem1981 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:15 am

Please tell me there is such a thing!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Pretty nappies for a heavy wetter?

Postby rhead » Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 am

What have you tried? :mrgreen: I'm assuming you're looking for fitteds... most people rate Dunk N Fluff, Fluff & Stuff, Flutterby Fluff (hmm, I'm noticing a trend here :giggle:)... and I find all-OBV Goodmamas/Piddle Poddles and Holden's Landing fitteds just as absorbent. I'm sure there are others too.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 am

Yep as Rachel said!
Fluff n Stuff, Dunk n fluff are both fab! Flutterby fluff are great too but are gold dust :giggle:

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:25 am

I out my DD back in cloth last week after a break. She is now bfing less and drinking loads since I got pg.
I tried ME, mutts, tots bots bamboozles with tots bots, BB and ME wraps. I've also had her in bg pockets and a pop in.
The worst was probably the mutt and BB wrap. I'm now using more boosters in the mutts and hoping for the best.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 am

Mutts are pretty but from my experience are really only good for lightish wetters, Wee notion wraps are gorgeous and fit well over most nappies and I never had a leak with their minkee or cuddlesoft outers (which I did get with BB wraps).
Have you tried stuffing your BG with bamboo & hemp? imo far better than the microfibre insert they come with

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 am

I really rate LLS nappies - my daughter's not a particularly heavy wetter, but we have a day nappy (bamboo hemp fleece core and zorb booster combo) and use it as a night nappy it's that absorbant, it's never even that wet by morning. I also like baby beehinds but you can't get patterns/dye effects they are just plain - Freya's are hot pink!

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Mon May 17, 2010 8:33 am

I second BBH's, they are very absorbant. Shame they only come in solid colours, but they are our nap nappy of choice!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon May 17, 2010 8:37 am

gem1981 wrote:I out my DD back in cloth last week after a break. She is now bfing less and drinking loads since I got pg.
I tried ME, mutts, tots bots bamboozles with tots bots, BB and ME wraps. I've also had her in bg pockets and a pop in.
The worst was probably the mutt and BB wrap. I'm now using more boosters in the mutts and hoping for the best.

Unfortunately, those all sound like bad choices to me for a heavy wetter (apart from the ME wraps, we never got leaks with those) :( ... I agree with Frances, hemp and bamboo are definitely better than the standard MF inserts that come with Bumgenius, and we never had a leak with WN wraps either.

I found bamboo Little Lambs loads more absorbent than Bamboozles (though that was 2 years ago, don't know if they've changed at all!), but my favorite for absorbency and fit (and cuteness) is bamboo velour - IMO it's much better than bamboo terry. OBV nappies do tend to be pricey though, that's the downside!

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 am

I tried little lambs when Daisy was very young and found they leaked, but that was a long time ago. How do you rate the LL wraps?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat