hf1

Pretty nappies for a heavy wetter?

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Pretty nappies for a heavy wetter?

Postby Saskia » Mon May 17, 2010 8:46 am

I agree with rhead - I love bamboo velour, it's just so soft and absorbant, and never seems to get sopping wet like terry can.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon May 17, 2010 9:02 am

We used bamboo little lambs but only when ds was tiny.we found the little lamb wraps useless.
What works best for us are dunk n fluff,i didn't find the fluff and stuff heavy wetter nappy as absorbent.we also use bububebe and greenkids pockets stuffed with 2 of the large greenkids inserts.we stuff our bumgenius with 2 easy peasy bamboo or a ptit dessous with 2 easy peasy hemp inserts.we use motherease wraps or nature babies ones.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon May 17, 2010 9:07 am

Ooh I use bamboo Little Lambs on my DD, and the wraps too, I think they are fab! I guess different things work for different people, it's just a matter of keep trying I guess :)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon May 17, 2010 9:30 am

I have a heavy wetter & little lambs are our work horse. The wraps are useless for us. For pul wraps we use mother ease & wee notions.

For pretty nappies, we get on well with Goodmamas, Pianissimo cloth are great, wee notion northern lights are good too.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Mon May 17, 2010 9:48 am

We use Holden's Landing Day Fitteds & Bedbugs, Fluff N Stuff, LLS, & she even does grand in a boosted Monkey Snuggles!!

Don't use pul wraps- just wool or fleece....

Some days we still get 2hrs from our Itti Bitti if i really don't want to use wool or fleece, but it has to be a quick change!!

Do have a Wee Notion SS that will do the same length if we stuff it well!! Her Blueberry is working better again atm....

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby gem1981 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:52 pm

I just wanted to thank you all for your replies. I bought some baby beehinds, which arrived today, and we've had no leaks all day!!! :D Looks like I'm going to have to get some more!! Thank you xxx

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Sun May 23, 2010 7:25 am

You can't beat a bamboo nappy with a wool nappy cover for heavy wetters! Pul allows any wet which evaporates, to condense again on the PUL, and go back into the nappy. A wool cover allows any wet to evaporate right through, so the nappy actually starts to dry between wettings! Absolutely fabulous for anyone, but especially for a heavy wetter! Well worth giving one a try anyway, or you could even knit your own! Make sure you use 100% wool and NOT mchie washable wool though, or it won't accept the lanolin!

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Sun May 23, 2010 7:59 am

That's great! We love our baby beehinds :D

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat