hf1

How Clean do you think your nappies are?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: How Clean do you think your nappies are?

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:08 pm

JennyWren wrote:Wow, shock horror to find that we are surrounded by microbes, you don't say..

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:40 pm

Im another sniffer - nothing as nice as a big pile of fresh smelling nappies when they have been dried outside in the fresh air. I hope mine are clean too - very fussy about all my washing, not just nappies. Cold rinse, wash at 50o and extra rinse. I wash mine everyday with the usual white washing, so Im reasoning the nappies are giving me a full load of washing, and I have to do an extra rinse anyway because my 2 boys have eczema, so the environmental impact of washing my nappies doesnt give me any concern - an quick cold rinse is the only extra thing I do, plus Im using less powder and no softner.

Sadie xx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Charlotte fished out a fleecey liner from the drawer last night and proceeded to wipe it round her face - I am pretty sure it was clean :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:22 pm

I don't think what a toddler does is something to go by. I watched Kayleigh fish a liner out of the dirty nappy bucket and wipe her face with it before I could stop her.

My avatar
angelwingz
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelwingz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:35 pm

lol...Declan tries to rummage through our nappy bucket until he finds his fave nappy.

I'm pretty sure mine are clean but my fluffles always smell of wee no matter what i do to them, one of these days I'm going to nuke them at 90c and see if that makes any odds.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Rae wrote:I don't think what a toddler does is something to go by. I watched Kayleigh fish a liner out of the dirty nappy bucket and wipe her face with it before I could stop her.

I meant, I didn't mind her doing it as I was sure it was clean iyswim :wink:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat