hf1

How Clean do you think your nappies are?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: How Clean do you think your nappies are?

Postby Annette » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:50 am

I always have a good sniff of them when taking them off the airer, so I am pretty confident they are clean otherwise I wouldn't bury my face in them :lol:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:42 am

Charliemum wrote:I always have a good sniff of them when taking them off the airer, so I am pretty confident they are clean otherwise I wouldn't bury my face in them :lol:

I do this also!!! :D :D Seems we all go around sniffing our nappies!! :D :D :wink: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:14 am

Mine are too clean for our own good I think.

With the prewash and the extra extra rinses I always do wonder is that really environmentally friendly, considering the amount of water we used for all that. :? :? :?

But that doesn't put me off cloth. Just feel I am lying when I speak to somebody about how good and E friendly and cheap they are. All the time thinking wait till you get addicted :lol: :? :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:40 am

I only do a quick cold rinse at the beginning and then don't do an extra rinse at the end every time. I also only wash at 40 degrees and put on a wash twice a week so I feel like I am still being environmental with my washing.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:46 am

I hope that mine are clean!! I feel really guilty sometimes about the water so I very rarely do a pre or post wash.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:58 am

Mine are clean and I've never had to 'strip' them, I do a very quick cold prewash and then a normal wash usually at 50, it only takes about an hour!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:57 am

mine are clean for a good stroke, smell and snuggle too :lol:

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:05 pm

yup, likewise, enjoying sniffing a big warm squidgy pile of freshly dried nappies. The washable wipes sit in a box just around the kitchen door and are grabbed for whatever needs attending to - hands, tables, bums etc (not at the same time of course!). All looks super clean to me and I don't take any notice of those scaremongering adverts about the microbes lurking on your kitchen surfaces.....Wow, shock horror to find that we are surrounded by microbes, you don't say..

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:09 pm

I'm always sniffing my nappies too :) And the washable wipes (clean ones obviously) get used for hands and faces too, so they must be clean!!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat