hf1

Good to see........

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Good to see........

Postby nic1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:16 pm

............cloth being mentioned in the NCT members magazine. They have done a whole issue around green parenting and cloth was mentioned in it abit. Good to see......i am a NCT member, is anyone else? Before Evie i was on the local branch committee and everything, even was 'chair' for 1 year. :D :D The local branch newsletter is out in next few days and i wrote an article for that on cloth too and mentioned this site in my spiel!! :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Good to see........

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 pm

That is great news. I've been thinking about joining the NCT. Apparently our local branch is thinking of closing down soon as they haven't had any new members for a long time and are having problems with funding and finding new chairpersons etc. :( Might join up soon and try and get tem to include an article on using cloth in our local newsletter too, I love promoting cloth! :D

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:37 pm

i am a member...as of last week!
i am about to apply to train to be an antenatal teacher thru the NCT, so thought i should really become a meber and get involved first!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Mummyof3 wrote:That is great news. I've been thinking about joining the NCT. Apparently our local branch is thinking of closing down soon as they haven't had any new members for a long time and are having problems with funding and finding new chairpersons etc. :( Might join up soon and try and get tem to include an article on using cloth in our local newsletter too, I love promoting cloth! :D

Sounds good Louise, i did an article when i 1st started out in cloth for the newsletter too. I may well try and do a CSP one for the next newsletter. :lol: :lol: Hope your local branch doesn't close down. i found it an absolute lifeline when Emma was a baby and going out to coffee mornings to meet like minded mums was great as most of my friends were childless at that point and were all at work fulltime. I didn't have a PC then so knew nothing about forums!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:00 pm

Shevi wrote:i am a member...as of last week!
i am about to apply to train to be an antenatal teacher thru the NCT, so thought i should really become a meber and get involved first!

That's another reason I wanted to join, I'm quite interested in doing that too! Have already been to quite a lot of antenatal classes promoting breastfeeding and cloth nappies. Some local antenatal classes actually dedicate a whole session for both. It's amazing how little people actually know about cloth nappies, they all just assume its all terries and rubber pants! I take my 'showing off' nappies to the breastfeeding support group every week and most of the new mums are amazed at how lovely cloth nappies actually are!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat