hf1

I really really dislike our nursery nappies!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

I really really dislike our nursery nappies!

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 20, 2010 1:25 pm

AAargh they're soooooooooooo boring!

I am really not a fan of front fastening nappies in general and these nappies are ONLY used by nursery (never by me) - although DH uses them if there's one to hand as he doesn't like snaps (though he's no prob using snaps if that's all that's there...)...

They're all (barring one exception) onesize aplix pockets :roll:

I have Bumgenius, Naturebabies, Happy Heinys, One Weenotions, Minki Blueberries (yes even these I don't like!), and a large slinki Minky...

Honestly if we were just at home I'd sell the lot!

I find stuffing them and sorting the inserts a total PITA too so I might have to have an insert overhaul :roll: but even preloved buying 15 PD inserts and 15 EP hemps is going to be pricey!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: I really really dislike our nursery nappies!

Postby flutterby » Thu May 20, 2010 1:30 pm

I hate stuffing nappies, I wish I had all PD and EP hemp, I've killed 2 PD and 2 EP hemp so now I've even less, it's amazing what mould can do, they are thread bare!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 20, 2010 1:33 pm

flutterby wrote:I hate stuffing nappies, I wish I had all PD and EP hemp, I've killed 2 PD and 2 EP hemp so now I've even less, it's amazing what mould can do, they are thread bare!

Eeep I've seen mould in action on a friend's nappies and we couldn't rescue them :?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu May 20, 2010 1:33 pm

I love stuffing nappies! Boys in bed, glass of wine, stuff nappies :oops: :giggle: . Maybe I need to get out more :lookround:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu May 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Ugh tell me about it, i HATE my under jeans nappies but i have to have them for DH!!
Greenkids bamboo inserts are good too, Sophie outpee's a PD and EP hemp in no time :(

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Urgh Steph. :-?

At least you don't have to use them at home but its not nice disliking nappies. I don't particularly like our coolababys which are mainly my mums to use but can't afford to buy the ones I'd rather have (wee notions minki embroidered :giggle: )

I have just been overhauling inserts to go down the PD and EP route. I got some in RNW so saved a few pennies and also got some cheap bamboo squares which I chopped a little to fit. Still cost a few quid though but so worth it. I feel much better about my pockets now they aren't all stuffed with random rubbish :lol:

I need to get a few more for the blueberries we have as Imogen is a heavy wetter and the combi ones that I have aren't cutting it. might get away with just EP hemp added to them though which is a cheap option.

Good Luck getting something sorted.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu May 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
flutterby wrote:I hate stuffing nappies, I wish I had all PD and EP hemp, I've killed 2 PD and 2 EP hemp so now I've even less, it's amazing what mould can do, they are thread bare!

Eeep I've seen mould in action on a friend's nappies and we couldn't rescue them :?

I've got the bleaching now, but TBH I think they will be for the bin :cry: :cry: :cry: theres also a JR that had gone but the nappy isn't too bad it's just the booster so I'll make another and hopefully it will be ok.

Soo annoyed at my washing machine for breaking!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Trouble is that I kind of feel I should hold onto the original inserts for the nappies so when the time comes I can sell them together but I'm not sure that's really all that important :?

I've got a mahooooooosive bag full of microfibre inserts :roll:

Mostly they're stuffed with a selection of odd bamboo and hemp inserts...

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:40 pm

:hug: I'm in the middle of an insert overhaul for this exact reason! We have 40ish pockets and I hate stuffing them but don't use wool so use pockets more than our fitteds! My bb inserts work fine in bbss minkys with an ep hemp underneath so they are all sorted and all of my wnss now have PD/EP inserts so they are fine too but my fuzzis all have random inserts and it drives me mad :evil:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat