hf1

I really really dislike our nursery nappies!

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: I really really dislike our nursery nappies!

Postby paintedclaws » Thu May 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Steph, i use them with all my WN pockets, both OS and high and standard SS. They completely fill the standards so are a little shorter in the highrise ones. From what i remember of the OS on the large setting they had a little space but it never caused a problem. We do have GK anytimes which obviously they're perfect for and then BG's which i have to confess to not having touched since Poppy was tiny (they're still on the small setting with only newborn inserts in) because i'm not a fan but i imgaine they'd fit in those the same as WN..

I just like that they'e Mike proof, he can't go wrong because he doesn't have to worry about any folds. :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu May 20, 2010 6:59 pm

I hate stuffing pockets too, i bought a bunch of blueberry and coolababy pockets when Kieren was going to be going to nursery and as soon as i decided not to go back to work i sold them to fund more fitteds...for me i think its just a pocket in general thing...i did have a wobble last week and borrowed some BG's to try but tbh they have sat unused on the shelf after the first time :oops: Which has just re-confirmed what i was thinking deep down...

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hope you sort something out! :hug:

ETA i hate MF too...horrid stuff...

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu May 20, 2010 7:11 pm

I don't like my pockets either, we only have them for Grandma/DH days as I would have DD in wool full time otherwise. I'm really hoping that when she goes to nursery they will use fitteds and wool, but I'm keeping a stash of pockets in case they don't or won't.

We have BGV3, one BBSS (which I actually quite like), 2 WNSS (which are ok) and a couple of Fuzzis and PocketBots (cheap and cheerful for just before bath time).

I use BBOS inserts in my pockets as I really like those, but have also just bought some EP Hemp inserts preloved which are perfect for boostings our Bedbugs for nights - might have to get a few more of those.

I hate the feel of MF - especially when it's new, but I don't mind it once it's in the nappies, and they do dry quickly which is handy if I'm away for a few days and run out of nappies :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 20, 2010 8:23 pm

See now I do love pockets - just not the ones I have for nursery! :lol:

I'm quite happy with my side snap pockets :lol:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu May 20, 2010 9:43 pm

So am I the only person who doesn't mind mf? The two mf BG inserts did the job for us very well til recently, now it's one mf and one EP hemp. They dry quickly, and I've more inserts than pockets so can use the nappies again quickly.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Shaunie wrote:I love stuffing nappies! Boys in bed, glass of wine, stuff nappies :oops: :giggle: . Maybe I need to get out more :lookround:

tee hee! Me too!

I sit down with a huge pile of nappies and inserts, get the telly on something good and thoroughly enjoy the process. :lol: :lol:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:17 pm

I am the same here although i wuiye like my bg's. I would love to overhaul with pd's and ep hemp...i do have enoughg ep hemp as it goes but only 4 pd's...so as a comprimise i overhauled recently for the bamboo side of it and bought 40 ll boosters...i use 2 and an ep hemp in my nappies and they are fab as i get no leaks at all now....problem is the ll's are a bit of a pain when it comes to stuffing the pockets as they are thin and tend to bunch up a bit...oh well, they will have to last!...i too have a big bag of microfibre inserts not getting used here but i think i am going to keep hold of them (just in case we ever need them again here as we are ttc again so i prob would use them at first with another baby...who knows? X

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat