hf1

nappies smell of windowlene because of dh

My avatar
curiousgeorge
Clothie
Clothie

nappies smell of windowlene because of dh

Postby curiousgeorge » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:00 pm

Can anyone help????? Did a nappy wash last night and unbeknown to me stupid dh put 2 cloths in the machine he had cleaned the windows with. I opened the machine this morning and it stunk of shoe polish, he then said about the Windowlene cloths being in there too :x . So far they have had 4 60 degree washes and a 95 degree wash, but they still sink of that Windowlene stuff :( I am airing them on the line now but don't know what do to next, they were all pockets, Wonderoos and Blueberrys, so are they ruined???????? I will be scared to put one on Romans bum in case he wee;s in it and it might burn him???????? I would have thought that after 5 washes they would be clean though?????? Arrrgh what to do, are my nappies ruined????????? what can i do to get them smelling nice and do you think they are ok to use??????????????
Thanks,

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: nappies smell of windowlene because of dh

Postby Kybosh » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Try soaking them in a solution of water and bicarbonate of soda. The bicarb should neutralise the smell, at least it won't harm them

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:08 pm

My dh has done that before, It faded over time, hanging them outside would probably help :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Oh no! I was going to suggest bicarb too. Hope you get rid of the smell soon. :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat