hf1

Tesco not v positive about cloth...

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Tesco not v positive about cloth...

Postby Amanda » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:12 pm

Sadie I was going to do this post too! Absolutely ridiculous, after dedicating the first four pages of the booklet to how fantastic disposables are! There was one little parent's tip at the back too, about buying some of their budget flannels to use after meals instead of baby wipes, but as others have said, it's all about the profits really. I'm sure they'd much prefer that the majority of parents continue to use wipes on hands and faces, as well as bums, as that way they continue to rake in the cash.

Amanda x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:42 pm

So are we all entering the comp to win the years supply of sposies?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:02 pm

Rae wrote:So are we all entering the comp to win the years supply of sposies?

At least they could be sold on ebay to raise funds for real nappies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hmmmm, wonder if I won would I get a years supply for the twins or just for 1 of them???????

jan x

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:54 pm

We could win a years worth, soak them in water (and muck!) and pile them up in a huge pile, take lots of photos then distribute leaflets with said photos asking about where they're all going... the uk is fast running out of landfill... I bet it'd be quite extraodinary seeing that many nappies like that... might show a few people the damage they do!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:00 pm

They're building a HUGE new store local to us - I mean really local, less than 10mins down the road...
They're relocating the local market to do it too...

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:19 pm

What I really can't understand is the governments attitude to disposables. Food is zero rated for VAT, but if you buy a packet of crisps, or a ready made meal, that's luxury food, and there's VAT on it. So why oh why don't they put VAT on disposable nappies, (although to my mind the luxury comes with washables!!!) if they are really concerned, and really believe we should all be turning back to washables?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:44 am

There was a discussion about this on BC cloth group too - apparently the EA report is now finished but due to 'industry pressure' its release date has been put back again - it says the results have changed though! Interesting if its true - wonder who it is that is putting pressure on a government funded agency to hold back publishing a report that potentially shows cloth is actually better for the environment??? Anyone care to guess??? Hmmmmm...

Sadie xx

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:06 am

The last report was so flawed - it really made some very dodgy assumptions about how cloth was used. I was one of the people who did an internet survey of cloth use, it was great , we had over 1000 replies, and it really blew their assumptions out of the water - ie buy new cloth (which is made from foreign made fabric, in a different foreign made country) wash at 90 and tumble dry and IRON, use on one child only, etc etc They didnt even look at the landfull side of it at all either.

I will be very happy to see the results of this new report, especially if it can be used to wipe the smug faces of all those horrid disposable users on UKPL who were so patronising and self satisfied and condescending to us cloth users. (it was their attitude which made me do the survey in the first place)

My avatar
madcatlady
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby madcatlady » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:43 pm

Oh heck, I remember that Emma :?
I filled out the Real Nappy Campaign survey today too will add a link if I can find it now.

Tesco are ALL about the profit, like Boots - if I get one more baby and toddler club email about pampers, or get anymore vouchers for money off/extra reward points for buying despicables then I'm going to email them about it all too! Grrrr

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat