hf1

recommendation please

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

recommendation please

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:27 pm

Erin is in fuzzis all day at the moment but they don't appear to last night time... i added a double thickness hemp booster as well as the orginal insert but it wasn't enough.

someone mentioned that fuzzis or pockets in general aren't any good for bed but i love them so i am a little blind as to what to look for if not a pocket!

so what do you reckon for a bedtime nappy? nothing too bulky... i like tots bots my friend had some on her little boy today, would they be better?\

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:02 pm

A tots bots bamboozle well boosted will do the night but most people prefer a fleece lined nappy for night. Trim options are hemp/terry stuffie (angeltots.co.uk) or bambeasy ( I think a few people sell them), i've not tried the later but love the stuffie and it is fairly trim certainly in comparison to a huggle. I wrote quite alot on your original post about nights. Minki do a pocket which some people get on well with for night, again not tried it!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:13 pm

Thanks Tory... lol Think i must have skimmed it! Have seen some minki's think i will go have a look at those.

So if they don't have a pocket to stuff how do you get more inserts/boosters in? sorry for being dense! :oops: der!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:29 pm

Well a minki is a pocket like a fuzzi with a fleece inside and outside and a layer of pul in the middle as well adn you stuff it as you need to, difference being you have more room to get more stuffing in. Night nappies like the stuffie and the bambeasy have terry or bamboo terry on the outside and fleece on the inside but still have a pocket inbetween to stuff as required the difference being as opposed to what is normally refered to as a 'pocket nappy' that they need a separate wrap (wool is great for night and its gorgeous - well the girl ones anyway!) even though they still have a pocket. Clear as mud???!!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi Hannah, I read your post while bf Matthew, now I've a chance to reply but I think Tory's given you great advice already!
Hope you get night times sorted, post again if you've any more questions.

Joanne

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:04 pm

Clear as mud pmsl!

It isn't the easiest thing is it? not gonna put me off though... stil waiting on my fecking HH though hmmm been 2 weeks now and she said 10 days humph grump!

I don't want to be having to buy wraps as well as nappies tbh although totsbots do a lovely star wrap oooh and a spotty one PMSL! :lol: It's just converting to cloth late it doesn't seem worth spending that extra money iykwim

Now I'm guessing you mean the Standard Minki not the slinky minki?

I had a look at those sites for wipes and booster fabric too... do i have to sew the them or can i just cut them as I don't have a machine?

Finally should I buy material with terry one side and fleece the other for wipes? oh and one more pmsl! what material should I get for booster? is terry enough as hemp is more espensive and Erin isn't a massive wetter... will 3 inserts be enough (I know 2 didn't work) sounds bulky and not very comfy though!

That was a big "finally" wasn't it!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:22 pm

one more question! the large is 18lb - 40lbs just sounds too big but the medium is 14lb-20lb Erin is 21lb 9.5oz (got her weighed last thursday finally) do you think they'll fit ok?

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:48 am

Hi Hannah, I'll try to answer some of your questions, I've never made anything nappy related myself though, I'm too lazy (and useless at sewing) so I buy it all ready made! :oops: :lol:

Making wipes - Fleece doesn't tear I don't think but terry would so you'd be best to sew them. I find wipes one side fleece, the other terry best. I'm sure someone has step by step how to do these easily - something about sewing 3 sides then turning inside out to sew the last I think?? Sorry I'm really no help!

Boosting - terry would be fine, I think, esp if Erin isn't a heavy wetter, but hemp would be slimmer and I think I remember reading you didn't want it too bulky? Hemp can be slower to soak up the wee though - if you're using 3 I would use one terry at the top and two hemp underneath.

Sizing - (you're talking about minki pockets?) I've never used them myself but I would try the large for Erin I think, esp as you'll be boosting it up for night.

I hope that ramble is of some help, sorry if I've confused matters even more!

Joanne

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:12 pm

just weiped big post velcro baby they are generous but as she is over med range id get large then you won't need to rebuy. they are a gig nappy aarrgg this not working will post latreu

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat