hf1

Heavy wetter help needed please!

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

Heavy wetter help needed please!

Postby Isla'smum » Wed May 26, 2010 12:33 pm

DD2 is out weeing all her pockets, AIOs, AI2s etc in under an hour and I am fed up with changing her clothes (and having spent a small fortune on Itti AIOs and BBSS amongst other things :( ). I have all sorts of pretty fitteds (that I have to boost quite a bit still) plus a few PUL wraps and some fleece and wool on the way (haven't tried wool before). BUT with baby #3 on the way I have decided that I need some practical nappies that actually work for DD2 and last at least a couple of hours. I don't want to sell any of my stash so I need something that's cheap and reliable and preferably side snap or poppered as DD2 undoes aplix. Can anyone recommend me something please? Thank you :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Heavy wetter help needed please!

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 26, 2010 12:52 pm

If DD is a heavy wetter I wouldn't reccomend itti's at all, they just aren't up to it.
I would suggest trying DunknFluff, Hollow Oak, WeenotionNorthern lights etc, all of which are fitteds. Wool or fleece works best with fitteds.
Keep an eye on classifieds. x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed May 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Also Fluff n Stuff heavy wetter fitteds and HL bedbugs work well during the day for heavy wetters. I agree with Kirsty re getting fitteds, I doubt very much you'll be able to stuff a pocket or boost an AIO enough for it to last any longer. You might get a bit longer out of the pockets by using different inserts but fitteds with wool or fleece are probably the way to go TBH.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed May 26, 2010 1:38 pm

:hug: What inserts do you use? Perhaps you could change those to see if it helps? I have a heavy wetter & we use P'tit Dessous bamboo insert & an Easy Peasy hemp booster - can get up to 3 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less dependant on how much he's drank :roll: . I found fitteds weren't any better TBH so continued using pockets.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Thu May 27, 2010 8:31 pm

I know you said fitted, but you still can't beat a traditional square nappy (although I'd always go for a bamboo square) with a wool cover, for economy, satisfaction and efficiency - I love putting them on neatly,and I love seeing them on the line, and they're so easy to wash and quick to dry. And once you've done a few, they're really not difficult to use! Just use 2 doubled up overnight, and fits from birth to potty, whatever shape of baby you have!

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Fri May 28, 2010 12:21 pm

I'd ask about what inserts you use too. I got some hemp bigger weeds for ds and on days he drinks loads they last well too. Also it's bulkier but folding up a terry towel square works much better than microfibre inserts.

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Isla'smum » Fri May 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks everyone for replying - I just think DD2 is a champion wee er, she never used to be, only in the past 4 or so weeks :shock: The ittis are hard to boost further than adding the mini booster, we have been using the BBSS with the mf/hemp insert provided plus I have been boosting with an additional EH hemp insert (my BBSS seem to fail spectacularly though and they are less than 6 months old. I have stripped them and blasted them in the tumble but no improvement :-? ). My other random selection of AIOs/AI2s are again hard to boost :(

I don't think I'd get a bamboo square on DD2 as I have to pin her down anyway - she is such a kicker at change time :roll:

I bought the most beautiful preloved HL nappy the other day - not sure what it is, embroidered back and front, side snap with a lay in booster - so will definitely keep my eye out for some more plus some WNNL.

And I have just discovered the woolly love - oooooh a whole new way to indulge my nappy fetish (ignoring the fact that baby #3 is on the way to provide lots more opportunities :giggle: ). Am hoping some more absorbent fitteds with wool will be the way to go :wink:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri May 28, 2010 12:51 pm

I love wool and fitteds, by far the most absorbant combo I've used. Theres no way I can get a pocket to last very long any more :( and ittis are just useless

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri May 28, 2010 3:42 pm

I use my BBSS with the MF/hemp combi and it doesn't last very long unless I boost with a weenotions bamboo booster. I have used the EH hemp and don't think they are fantastic TBH. Hemp is just so slow to absorb.

For cheap fitteds I would recommend totsbots/little lambs boosted with weenotions bamboo booster with wool over the top. This combo work fantastic for us.

What other have recommended above we also love but they aren't so cheap. :wink:

I would lose the PUL wraps as IMO they are much more prone to leak than wool. And if wool does 'leak' it starts with a bit of dampness rather than wet straight away like I have found with PUL leaks if that makes sense.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat