hf1

Nappy Nightmare!!

My avatar
SashaE80
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Nappy Nightmare!!

Postby SashaE80 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Not sure where to post this, so here goes...

My LO has just turned 1, although positively angelic most of the time, nappy changes are a nightmare. I know this is probably just a stage but it's been going on a couple of weeks and I'll take any help!

Everytime I try and lie him down for a change he screams and cries, arches his back, twists etc. If he's on the floor he's got up and run off. It seems to be the beginning of tantrums! I've seen the doctor because it's as though he's in pain, but realistically I know he's fine!

I've tried distraction techniques, favourite toys, silly faces, singing, even milk but nothing helps! Invariably i end up covered in poo, much like the changing table and everything else nearby. We're back to aplix nappies that don't fit him well as it's the quickest i can get on. I can sometimes manage a prefold, but I'm generally running after him with a wrap in hand. :hohoho: When DH is about it's a tag team, but even then it's not easy.

Any suggestions? anything at all? Or at least humour me and tell me it'll be over in a week or two!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Nappy Nightmare!!

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:00 pm

My son is going through the EXACT same thing at the moment, nappy changes are seriously a nightmare :( I change him on the change unit and he is slightly better up there but i would have next to no chance if i changed him on the floor :-? he would just run off...

:hug: It will pass :hug:

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:01 pm

there was a really clever hat made by one of the dads on here cant remember who though but it had dangly bits on it to entertain lo while you change them - worth a try? :giggle:

My avatar
SashaE80
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby SashaE80 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Silly hat, now there's a good idea. I have a fair selection of stupid snowboarding hats, some with bells on etc...Must go and dig them out!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Nathan's just turned 1 and he's been like this for 3 months now.greenkids are the easiest to get on but he can undo applix so have to get trousers on quick!i have bought a rabbits changing mat which has a built in harness.he cries when i first strap him in but quickly stops and at least it keeps him still to get him clean and cream on if necessary!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:18 pm

We often operated as a tag team with DS1 & DS2 :giggle: . I always have the change mat on the floor though as I'm afraid he'll end up on the floor :shock:

It is a phase which will pass :hug: . With DS2, the majority are ok now but a few (usually the poo ones) are awful - full on restraint required :roll: . He's either trying to escape or putting his hand down to pull at his willy which then gets poo on it :puke:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:23 pm

jasmine b wrote:there was a really clever hat made by one of the dads on here cant remember who though but it had dangly bits on it to entertain lo while you change them - worth a try? :giggle:

This is what my DH made!

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:31 pm

You could try one of these.

http://www.kiddymania.co.uk/rabbits-saf ... 66c5e7f3a0

I was very tempted by them when ds went through that phase.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:44 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:
jasmine b wrote:there was a really clever hat made by one of the dads on here cant remember who though but it had dangly bits on it to entertain lo while you change them - worth a try? :giggle:

This is what my DH made!

Thats a fantastic idea, well done to your dh :wine:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat