hf1

Nappy Nightmare!!

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nappy Nightmare!!

Postby rachel » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Hope the phase passes soon, my DD is a like that depending on what mood she's in :roll:

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:31 pm

We changed ds standing up from 9 months because of this :roll: and despite what people say you can still get them clean, you learn quick :shock: , unfortunately he hasn't grown out of this phase yet (he's gone 2) :giggle:

My avatar
SashaE80
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby SashaE80 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Genius, love the hat...

Not so sure about the rabbitts changing mat. When Squiggle was little he was in a bumbo on the floor and decided he wanted to crawl, so rolled over and did a turtle impression! I have visions of him just sitting up in the changing mat?

Saying that DH has said he gets two weeks from today and if it's not at least manageable by then rabbitt changing mat it is!! I may even try and be a bit crafty and make something for the current changing mat.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Max is exaclty the same at 8 months and I dont seem to recall a time when he didnt do it. He also does the willy grabbing resulting in a pooey hand :roll: Pockets seem to be getting the most use at the moment as anything with a wrap is a bit of a nightmare.

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 pm

No advice apart from what everyone else said. If its any consolation all mine have done it. It did pass. DD3 is 16 months and there is lots of wriggling and lots of poo! Lots of deep breaths! :hug:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:12 pm

SashaE80 wrote:Genius, love the hat...

Not so sure about the rabbitts changing mat. When Squiggle was little he was in a bumbo on the floor and decided he wanted to crawl, so rolled over and did a turtle impression! I have visions of him just sitting up in the changing mat?

Saying that DH has said he gets two weeks from today and if it's not at least manageable by then rabbitt changing mat it is!! I may even try and be a bit crafty and make something for the current changing mat.

We have a Rabbitts Mat and there is no way they can turn over. The mat is solid and not flexible enough for them to get leverage. I find it invaluable when Ben is in his very defiant moods, especially as his poos are always soooooo messy. Sorry TMI!

My avatar
SashaE80
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby SashaE80 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:17 pm

The real down side is I have a couple of wild childs that we both love (LO uses them as snuggie blankets as well as nappies), they fit so well and I know all poppers should be the same, but these seem to snap together really easily. I can still get these on in a hurry, so now I guess i need to hunt for more of them. :giggle: (any excuse!)

Shame they're like hens teeth and expensive...

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Both of mine did exactly the same thing and it did pass. It drove me mad though and I was always exhausted after a nappy change. Apparently they never did it at nursery though - goodness knows what their trick was. You have my complete sympathy. Hopefully the new mat works if it comes to that. :hug:

Cathleen xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat