hf1

Nappy measurment help please

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Nappy measurment help please

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:30 pm

No matter what i buy i can't seem to find a pocket nappy that fits my fat little dd :cry: I've bough HH, mommys touch, tiny tush, drybees and weenotions (old style), i've spent lots on these and none of them fit her so ar'nt getting used or even prewashed. Anyway i was wondering if somone could help out measuring a new style medium weenotions on the very last poppers for me (waist and legs). I've got to find somthing that works for her coz i like to use pockets when were out for the day.
Thanks in advance. (feel free to measure other pockets to :wink: ) :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Nappy measurment help please

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 pm

How old/big is she and what size HH have you tried?
We moved up from medium to large way before she should have been in them weight wise...

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:40 pm

I don't have a med wee notions, but I've measured a med fuzzi bunz (not the new type) for you. Ok the measurements are:

Thigh 11 1/2inches (19cm) approx
Waist 17 1/2 inches (44 1/2cm) approx unstretched
Waist 21 1/2 inches (55 1/2cm) approx stretched

HTH a bit

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Have you tried the p'tits dessous pockets? They are REALLY nice, and the mini-maxi onesize really does fit from birth to a large chunky late trained toddler. You can get them in UK now, and that's considerably cheaper than buying direct from them in France, as there's VAT on French nappies, but not in UK

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:10 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:How old/big is she and what size HH have you tried?
We moved up from medium to large way before she should have been in them weight wise...

I bought a large (will put it away for now) it fits perfectly round the waist but gapes a bit on the legs. Dd is 3 1/2 months and weighs almost 15 lbs now. I think she is just a very awkward shape :?

I like the tiny tush pockets as they are a good fit but once on dd can only take a thin hemp insert. Ds used to wear weenotions pockets at night so at least i know they hold a good amount of stuffing hence thinking about trying the new style on dd.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:13 pm

thankyou, will measure dd when she wakes for a feed to see if they will fit.

Was looking at p'tits dessous pockets this morning have added them to the list of types to try.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 pm

How about a Bumgenius? What some would describe as a boring pocket as its just plain colours, but they are so reliable and fit extremely well.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:21 pm

onesize blueberrys seem to fit a range of baby sizes and shapes well too!

jan x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:02 am

You can always get measurements of your monkey (waist, thigh, rise) and email a WAHM and get them to make something that will fit. The WAHMs put on extra poppers for our skinny babies, so I'm sure you could get them to make the tabs a bit longer and position the poppers differently so they will fit on your dd.
Email pocketbots or weenotions, and I'm sure they could come up with something for you.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat