hf1

Stuck with what to use....

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Stuck with what to use....

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:32 am

Elsie is out peeing everything!!! She is drinking so much in a day & is back to drinking over night (i know this is more a comfort thing....)

I have HL Day Fitteds, HL Bedbugs, 1 x LLS boosted, 1 x Puddlekins, 1 x FnS Heavy Wetter, MonkeySnuggles (have always added an extra booster), some Itti's- she out pees everything within an hour or 2!!

At night she had been fine in her BB or Puddlekins- but last night i had her in a BB with both inserts AND the trifold from her Puddlekins & it was SOAKED by this morning.... :-?

Don't have enough funds to keep chopping & changing too much- but also don't know what might work... :-?

Thanks in advance!! :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Stuck with what to use....

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 am

I'm loving our boosters from Little Lambs. They're the over night bamboo ones, 10 for £12.
Know how you feel thought. Dawn's started out peeing our Nursery nappies so I dunno WHAT I'm gonna put on her after half term :-?
:hug: :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 am

When you say she is out peeing everything...do you mean they are leaking? or just really wet on the outside?

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:51 am

Not leaking- SATURATED!! lol!!

We did an hrs journey last week to galway- she had her LLS boosted under wool- it was all soaked!! (the wool not on the out but was too wet on the inner to put back on her.... Never had this with Kai....

Tory- i know you know this one all too well!!!

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:54 am

I have a heavy wetter too, she can out pee a Bedbug ( I recently bought loads to use as day nappies :giggle: ) in the day in 2 hours :roll: I don't really know what to suggest, but will be watching with interest as I wouldn't mind some tips too. Although I suppose if you are not actually getting leaks through your wool then it's not so bad, it just means changing more often :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 am

Bedbugs don't work at all for heavy wetters, they have too much microfibre in them.
What about getting Ems to make you a custom puddlekins you just have to weigh a couple of nappies when you put them on dry at night and then again when you take them off in the morning and she will add absorbency accordingly .xxx

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:15 am

As far as i know it is a custom Puddlekins- had emailed Ems with the weights....

Didn't know that about BB- that makes me want to cry!! lol

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:19 am

we cant use bedbugs at all, i have tried on a couple of occasions and even tried the toddlers ones...but to no avail :(

TBH when Kieren has gone through heavy wetting times like this then i just have to accept that im going to change him alot more...you have decent nappies there...you could try boosting them with an ep hemp to stretch them out a bit more?

Luckily for us its only ever really short lived with Kieren (and usually tied in with teething as he drinks more then) but :hug: :hug: :hug: Hope it passes soon :hug:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:28 am

I agree with Kirsty - Emma is fab at customising nappies to suit your LOs wetting. Ours stand up well against my heavy wetter. And I'd also avoid anything with MF in (like Bedbugs or standard Hollow Oaks, although the ones I have with zorb work OK for Iris). I've recently found that BubuBébé work quite well for Iris. I do a complex fold with all the layers which means a stoopid amount of fabric in the wet zone, but it lasts! Dunk N Fluff are definite firm favourites, again because of how I can fold the boosters to make more fabric in the wet zone. Otherwise I just boost with a ton of hemp or bamboo. And you can boost between nappy and wool, if putting too much boosting in the nappy leads to leg gape. ;)

Iris managed to outpee a nappy t'other day in under 3 hours - there was literally a river running down her legs, poor little thing was distraught. I try to change her more frequently, but just forgot. :oops: It's a pain having a heavy wetter.

ETA: When you say you emailed Emma with weights, do you mean of a wet nappy? That's what I did.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat