Stuck with what to use....

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Stuck with what to use....

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:33 am

Perhaps they need stripping?
Also I wouldn't trust an itti on a heavy wetter for more than an hour and a half!

Soupdragon wrote:Iris managed to outpee a nappy t'other day in under 3 hours - there was literally a river running down her legs, poor little thing was distraught. I try to change her more frequently, but just forgot. :oops: It's a pain having a heavy wetter.
Over the age of two I'd say flooding nappies means they're close to or ready to potty train...

megansmummy wrote:TBH when Kieren has gone through heavy wetting times like this then i just have to accept that im going to change him alot more...you have decent nappies there...you could try boosting them with an ep hemp to stretch them out a bit more?
Yep I'd boost with an EP hemp too...

Also does she drink squash or just milk and water?

IF she's drinking juice/squash water it down way more, and if you can just switch to plain water and she should drink enough to keep hydrated but not guzzle if that makes sense?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:39 am

Velvetsteph wrote:
Soupdragon wrote:Iris managed to outpee a nappy t'other day in under 3 hours - there was literally a river running down her legs, poor little thing was distraught. I try to change her more frequently, but just forgot. :oops: It's a pain having a heavy wetter.
Over the age of two I'd say flooding nappies means they're close to or ready to potty train...

I think she is. I think she has been for a while, but I've not wanted to start with all the upheaval she's had lately. Now that's finished and she's getting over croup, I think it might be time to bite the bullet. Eeek!

Sorry for hijacking. :oops:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:59 am

Soupdragon wrote:
Sorry for hijacking. :oops:

Not at all- great to hear all these things!!

Her Itti wouldn't even last that!! lol!! Think i'm gonna give in & sell my CT that never gets used.....

It's mainly water & milk- she has to have some juice as she suffers with constipation which is why we have to get her to drink lots.... :(

Do think it could be to do with teeth though- she's just got 4 molars through & i can see 4 more teeth on the gums!! :shock:

Soupdragon wrote:Otherwise I just boost with a ton of hemp or bamboo. And you can boost between nappy and wool, if putting too much boosting in the nappy leads to leg gape. ;)

ETA: When you say you emailed Emma with weights, do you mean of a wet nappy? That's what I did.

Have some hemp & bamboo fleece here so might have a go at layering & making a few boosters..... Leg gape would def be something i keep an eye on as she's teeny!!

Yep emailed Ems with the weights of the nappy....

x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat