Oh god help me

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Oh god help me

Postby Fayesmum » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 pm

The disposable v cloth thing again :roll:

I've been out with friends (well one is) today and they were amazed that I use cloth. First one of them said 'oh thats why she looks wierd with trousers on!!!' and then 'isn't she too hot in this heat?' I was like 'no, paper and plastic is far hotter!'

One of them got a disposable out and insisted I touch the top layer to show me how soft it is and how she much rather that next to her baby's skin than what I use :shock:

Then the one that commented on Faye looking wierd started on about wotsits and quavers, I was like 'good god no' ooops :oops:

I despair, I really do :roll:

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Oh god help me

Postby ktinkley » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:53 pm

:hohoho: hope you enjoyed stroking the sposie - and washed your hands well afterwards to get the chemicals off :giggle:

:roll: honestly people are mad

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Can you counter the stroking with a nice soft bv inner if you have to go through that again?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Sounds like you were quitre restrained! I would have possibly suggested she pull the nappy apart and rub some of the gel crystals over her genitals to see how nice that felt. :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Caroline wrote:Sounds like you were quitre restrained! I would have possibly suggested she pull the nappy apart and rub some of the gel crystals over her genitals to see how nice that felt. :wink:

sorry but had to :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I'm with Shadow, take her a minkee/OBV inner nappy to stroke

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Caroline wrote:Sounds like you were quitre restrained! I would have possibly suggested she pull the nappy apart and rub some of the gel crystals over her genitals to see how nice that felt. :wink:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :thumbsup:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Caroline :hohoho:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:12 pm

I was changing her into her giraffes H/L day fitted and that has bamboo velour on the top layer but they wern't remotely interested :roll:

I got on one about the crystals and how dangerous they are and then I started on about the heavy crotch look and how gross it is :x I got my own back :wink: :hohoho: And they both changed their children about 10 minutes after I'd said this!!!

It was all the usual rubbish about washing etc etc.... So I just said an extra wash every 2-3 days is really no bother to me, I wash when the last nappy comes off at bedtime, they're done and out to dry by the time I'm going to bed. In winter (which was the other 'how do you cope') I said that they go on the radiators and mostly are 99% dry by morning when we come down and if not I have enough ( :oops: ) to use whilst the washed are drying off

I don't mind the ignorance, people being interested and feeling like someone has learnt about them from me. It's the preferance to disposables I can't stand

ETA I also think those who can't be bothered with the washing are just lazy! Our washing pile has doubled since Faye was born but I really don't notice a nappy load.... Bedding and towels are seperate loads as well

My avatar
dawnmurray919
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby dawnmurray919 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:20 pm

yip know this one :hohoho: ive lots of pregnant and just had babies friends who wouldnt even consider clothnappies too much work seems to be the general thinking personally i thinking moving black bin bags full of nappies to the dump every month too much work.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat